Women: Holsters and Guns

This is a discussion on Women: Holsters and Guns within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife just completed her MI CPL class. She'll have her card by mid-February and I'm starting to look at options so I can buy ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ExactlyMyPoint

Thread: Women: Holsters and Guns

Women: Holsters and Guns

My wife just completed her MI CPL class. She'll have her card by mid-February and I'm starting to look at options so I can buy her a "graduation" present. She is currently most comfortable with a Glock 19, but also handles a Glock 26 well. She's also becoming more interested in my Kahr PM9. With those models in mind, how do you carry yours and where on your body? What holster?...is the main question.

Aside from the above info/question, if you carry a different model, please let me know what you carry, what holster and where on your body!

My wife is pushing 6' tall and not too skinny...she's also not too large. She's just right!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Check out

Falia

and

LimaTunes

stuff. Both discuss carry options for woman in detail
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Thanks....I've seen both of those.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    I have a small frame at 5' 9", 145 lbs. I carry my Walther PPS 9mm in a Comp-Tac Infidel holster with leather belt loops at 3:30 or 4 o'clock. It's very comfortable, has awesome adjustable retention, keeps the gun very close to the body and conceals very well. Is also a breeze to put on and take off with the gun still in the holster. The Infidel completely covers the trigger guard.

Inside Waistband Holsters - products new home - The Infidel Holster
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Senior Moderator
    Without talking to your wife it is very hard to determine what she would find most comfortable and best for her. I know you are trying to surprise her but the fact of the matter is this is a very personal decision that she needs to make. There are options out there for her and what she likes may change and change frequently.

Check out our female specific thread:

The Official Female Carry Reference Thread

Hopefully you come up with some good options.

Re: Women: Holsters and Guns

P229 in a remora or galco stow n go @ 4:00 when clothing allows.

P238 in a DeSantis sof-tuk or remora IWB @ 4:00; smart carry or belly band when waist carry doesn't work.

Once in a while I will steal my husband's 1911 and old faithful holster because I really like that gun.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooger View Post

My wife is pushing 6' tall and not too skinny...she's also not too large. She's just right!
    Gotta luv this part of your thread Dooger. Pushing 6'. Love those tall women. "She's just right?" Isn't it nice when you have that "right" lady.
    Like all questions on firearms and holsters and positions--ya gotta go to good gun shops or a good gun show and see, touch and smell all that is available. Different firearms and different holsters can demand different locations that are comfortable, secure, and effective CC. Tough to make a decision over a forum.

Fla
    Let her know she is sexy, get a garter holster.
    Ladies Thigh Holster

Or this one This video contains more information about the thigh holster custom made by Terry at Clament Custom Leather. He can be contacted at clamentfamily@yahoo.com OR 1-702-415-0208

NO Salt,Alcohol, Smoking,Caffeine,Chocolate,Meat,Anything Spicy,Gasoline,Weapons Except Stun Wands By Police,Contact Sports,Sex Other Than Virtual,Abortion,pregnancy Without A License,Non Educational Toys,Bad Language,Exchanging Bodily fluids Including Kissing,Aggressive Acts,Freedom Of Speech

She probably needs to pick out her weapon and holster personally. If you want to give her a gift why not a gift certificate to a store that sells the items you are looking for.

Re: Women: Holsters and Guns

Quote Originally Posted by RKflorida View Post
    She probably needs to pick out her weapon and holster personally. If you want to give her a gift why not a gift certificate to a store that sells the items you are looking for.
    It's fun to get something in a box to unwrap. Just keep the receipts!!

Links