Holster for wheelchair

This is a discussion on Holster for wheelchair within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a good gun and holster for me to carry in a wheelchair. I am paralyzed from the waist down from a A.T.V ...

Thread: Holster for wheelchair

Holster for wheelchair

I'm looking for a good gun and holster for me to carry in a wheelchair. I am paralyzed from the waist down from a A.T.V accident. I am working on getting my carry conceal but I can not find a good comfortable combination gun and holster. I have a High Point 380 and a nylon holster with belt clip right now. Its just to heavy of a gun to carry and conceal in a wheelchair. Anybody have any ideas on a good combination of gun and holster. Thank you. ( Pete )

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by petemar View Post
    I'm looking for a good gun and holster for me to carry in a wheelchair. I am paralyzed from the waist down from a A.T.V accident. I am working on getting my carry conceal but I can not find a good comfortable combination gun and holster. I have a High Point 380 and a nylon holster with belt clip right now. Its just to heavy of a gun to carry and conceal in a wheelchair. Anybody have any ideas on a good combination of gun and holster. Thank you. ( Pete )
    Sorry to hear of your accident. Best wishes to you. Ditch the above.... IMO. How about a fanny pack (one made to be used for CCW) and and a compact/subcompact semi-auto or an Airweight revolver?

Sorry Pete I too have a spinal cord injury but not confined to a chair all the time.Trying to draw from a regular chair is hard with the arm rests in the way,if you have a Quickie that doesn't have the high arm rests might be easier to draw from a waist holster,otherwise finding a fanny pack with a quick side access you can just reach in and draw your gun out.
    They make a lot of single and double stack compact handguns nowadays that would work,including snub nose revolvers
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

There is a man in Grants Pass, Oregon that makes it possible to attach a holster to a wheelchair and they are nice!! I have seen a couple of wheelchairs with attached holsters that he has done and they looked very nice. Here is a link to his website and there is info there on how to contact him.

http://scotworksllc.com/

Ron
    Last edited by ront; January 14th, 2013 at 05:33 PM.
    Shine on...
    S&W M&P 9c
    S&W 9 Shield
    Taurus Raging Bull .454 Casull
    S&W M&P15 Sport;
    Mossberg 590A1

This would be an "off body" possibility, if you could make it work:

http://www.concealedcaddy.com/

I have two of his OWB holsters: good work, good price and quick shipping.

If you wear a belt, have you considered OWB crossdraw? The Skycop is one example I have seen online.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------— George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

What about a shoulder holster? Galco has one for about $75. Also a polymer framed pistol like ruger SR9c or a police trade Glock can be had for around $400, will be more comfortable than the High Point weight wise.

What about a shoulder holster? Galco has one for about $75. Also a polymer framed pistol like ruger SR9c or a police trade Glock can be had for around $400, will be more comfortable than the High Point weight wise.

I think the OWB crossdraw is a great suggestion, I like that when I drive or fly.

Under Obama's "new restrictions" ... anyone (no qualifier in it ) with any disabilities will not be able to buy a gun.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array Madcap_Magician's Avatar
    P1010004_14773435.jpg

Crossdraw belt holster with a revolver, either a steel J-frame or a snubbie K-frame. This one is a crossdraw snap-loop by Ray Cory of Lobo Gunleather.
    Hakkaa päälle!

Andrews Custom Leather
    Look at the CarJacker Crossdraw.

dan

Fla
    OK did a little thinking ( had to stop cause my brain hurts easily ) I have spent months in a chair myself ( and will again ) but at that time I did not carry. Having said that, as I recall there is squat for room between hips and sides making a hip draw difficult, and outside the rests is the wheels so it would have to be forward of them. To have it as accessible as possible I would think shoulder holster OR cargo pants and use the front pocket. If handy or know anyone that is, might see about adding a console to each side like a center console in a car, just narrower. Lift the arm rest and have a narrow compartment. If one on each side it gives room to carry extra stuff too.
    NO Salt,Alcohol, Smoking,Caffeine,Chocolate,Meat,Anything Spicy,Gasoline,Weapons Except Stun Wands By Police,Contact Sports,Sex Other Than Virtual,Abortion,pregnancy Without A License,Non Educational Toys,Bad Language,Exchanging Bodily fluids Including Kissing,Aggressive Acts,Freedom Of Speech

Hey Buddy,
    Most of the good leather holster makers produce a crossdraw holster, primarily used while driving or sitting at a desk this works well for most wheelchair carriers look at Milt Sparks (4 month wait) Mitch Rosen, kramer leather also my fav hayesleather good luck glad to here your carrying we need you out there

Links