SIG P238 CC for a Skinny Guy - Page 2

SIG P238 CC for a Skinny Guy

This is a discussion on SIG P238 CC for a Skinny Guy within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you like the Tuck try a Theis holster. Same quality just cheaper. I also give a +1 to remora holster option as well. Can't ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: SIG P238 CC for a Skinny Guy

If you like the Tuck try a Theis holster. Same quality just cheaper. I also give a +1 to remora holster option as well. Can't go wrong with either.

SIG P238 CC for a Skinny Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Goat_Herder View Post
    Thanks, Skate. That's very helpful. Do you have any experience with the SuperTuck and how it compares to the MiniTuck. I am back and forth with the White Hat (similar size to the SuperTuck) and the Crossbreed MiniTuck.
    No problem. I did have a SuperTuck for a Springfield XD, and really liked it. I don't think you would be disappointed with either, I've never tried a White Hat but they seem to be popular.

Quote Originally Posted by SHTFGearLLC View Post
    Here is a link to the holster for your P238.
    Sig P238 ACE-2 Holster

We've got a lot of great reviews out there for the P238 holster.

Lifetime Warranty, 30 day money back guarantee, and a set of features you won't find on another holster out there.

Attachment 66747
    This looks like a good choice. Have you thought about pocket carry? The P238 is small enough and light enough to be easily and comfortably carried In a DeSantis Super Fly. BTW, nice pistol.
    JL

I do pocket carry it sometimes in the side pocket of cargo pants/shorts, when the occasion calls for it. I just put it in the plastic OWB holster that comes with it. It's small enough that I can comfortably carry it. I don't like carrying it in my pants pocket. I am really skinny and I don't own any baggy pants. So the P238 would print and it's uncomfortable.

wee
    My P238 will be in my hands Wen. of this week...I'm also looking for a IWB holster and looking at many of the same brands you were....What did you end up getting and how did you like it....?

Brian

Distinguished Member
    When I got married I was 127 lbs and 6' tall and I easily concealed either a .357 4" barrel revolver or a 5" 1911. You build should not be a problem if you dress around the gun and use the correct holster and belt combination. Now that I am much heavier it is actually harder to conceal a gun since my gut pushes it out from my body. Just because you are thin it does not mean that a smaller and weaker caliber is enough to protect you. No matter your size, you still need proper protection and if gun size is an issue the Sig P938 is only a quarter inch longer than the P238 (I have both) so it will conceal the same on you. It sounds more like an issue of being frail and wanting less recoil than body shape because I know a lot of guys who are lanky that carry Glocks and bigger.
    The worst thing about growing old is that other men no longer see you as dangerous.

I'm not sure if the OP found a holster yet, but if not the Garrett Silent Thunder IWB is worth a look. I have one for my Beretta Nano, a striker fired gun but comparable in size to the Sig. I purchased it with all the possible mounting options so I could try 'em all and see what works. Experience told me that the leather loops would be best, but I ordered the standard clip as well. To my surprise, the clip wound up being the best option for me. It's probably hard to believe a holster could be stable with just one kydex clip but the IWB is rock solid when used this way! It's also more concealable with the clip as the whole rig is thinner than the looped option.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

I carry my P238 at all times. I either use the pocket holster with the fake zipper or a Remora. I have and use a Remora for all my guns. No need to have your pants stuffed with leather and metal hanging from your belt.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365093628.487019.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1365093652.220377.jpg

wee
    I carried mine today at 4:00 with a leather pancake holster that Sig sent my wife when her P238 with fiber optic sites wouldn't fit in the plastic holster that came with it.....It wasn't bad but I still feel a hybrid would be more comfortable...After searching for over a week I have made up my mind about what holster to get. Harwell is my pick. I'll post a nice review and video after wearing it for a week or two.

Brian

PS....Where the hell can I get some FMJ cheap 380 ammo....I wanna shoot my new gun.

wee
    I got the holster today in the mail...Super fast shipping I got it in less than a week....Also lucked out on the way home today and picked up 300 rounds of 380 Winchester white box FMJ.

DSC05506.JPG

Brian

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    you can't go wrong with either the crossbred super tuck, my EDC for the sig or a SHTF the SHTF is a little thcker and has better retention in my opinion guns 002.jpgColt with shtf holster.jpg
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    Very nice I have a p238 and a 938 uploaded the wrong pic its a colt defender instead of 938 you'll love that gun shoots great and very accurate and easy to conceal congrads on finding ammo...save some
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

wee
    I thought about going with a crossbred but I just didn't want to wait 8 weeks....Quality of the Harwell seems good and I wore it around the house tonight....Not bad considering it's new, I expect it to break in nicely. I bought my wife a P238 back in Jan and we have ran about 250 rounds thru it.....It's a joy to shoot even for my wife....I only had one box in my hand tonight at Wal-Mart....There was 4 on the shelf.....So I called the wife and she says buy it all if they will let you I wanna go to the range...LOL Limit was 3 boxes.

Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links