What are some holster options for a S&W SD9ve?

This is a discussion on What are some holster options for a S&W SD9ve? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for an OWB holster for my friend he has an sd9ve for concealed carry. He is a big dude at 6'6" 300+ lbs ...

Thread: What are some holster options for a S&W SD9ve?

I'm looking for an OWB holster for my friend he has an sd9ve for concealed carry. He is a big dude at 6'6" 300+ lbs he said wants to carry concealed OWB because of his gut. He doesn't think he could carry IWB comfortably. So he is looking for something that rides high and tight on the waistband and preferably kydex. He said he would wear it around the 3:00 position. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks God bless

CJM
    *Most* kydex holsters for the full size M&P will fit the SD9VE. I bought a cheap Tagua Gunleather holster for the full size M&P and it fit quite nicely. There are a few makers out there making them specifically for the SD series.
    "Thank you for the advice Mr. Vice President, but I'll be keeping my AR15 for defending my home and family."

Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    *Most* kydex holsters for the full size M&P will fit the SD9VE. I bought a cheap Tagua Gunleather holster for the full size M&P and it fit quite nicely. There are a few makers out there making them specifically for the SD series.
    Yeah I've noticed there are only a few that specifically make them for the sdve. Thanks for your help yesterday about the sdve, my buddy is going to get the sd9ve after hearing the stuff that was said about that and the Taurus.

CJM
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarzNgunz View Post
    Yeah I've noticed there are only a few that specifically make them for the sdve. Thanks for your help yesterday about the sdve, my buddy is going to get the sd9ve after hearing the stuff that was said about that and the Taurus.
    My pleasure. I know that at least one holster maker is just using the M&P 45 compact blue guns for molds, since it and the SD both have 4" barrels. I'm sure others are as well since there doesn't seem to be any blue or red training guns available for the SD series.
    "Thank you for the advice Mr. Vice President, but I'll be keeping my AR15 for defending my home and family."

Links