My new jogging/cycling holster.

This is a discussion on My new jogging/cycling holster. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been looking for something to carry my pistol while jogging and cycling. There really aren't too many out there. I have a Pistol ...

Thread: My new jogging/cycling holster.

I have been looking for something to carry my pistol while jogging and cycling. There really aren't too many out there. I have a Pistol Wear PT-2 waist pouch that will hold my tiny Diamondback .380 up to a snub nosed .38, but anything larger and it becomes unstable and bounces. I live in Alabama, which allows open carry and I generally conceal to be polite to others who are afraid of guns, but while I jog or ride my bike I find it easier to open carry. And that being said, I found the perfect active holster for me. Its a Blackhawk Universal Pistol Harness/Holster. Now I can carry my Sig Sauer SP2022 and a spare magazine, when I can find one. It rides well without bouncing and is fast and easy to access. I will give it a real try out when I go for a run this weekend. Afterward, I will add an update to review this holster in better detail.

I couldn't get a good picture of me wearing it, but this picture is exactly how I wear it.
    40sh04bk.jpg

2. Remove Ads

I will watch for your review. I've been using a S&W Airweight in a belly band for cycling and jogging. It works well. But the ability to carry my G22 would be nice.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I will put my LCP in the center back pouch of my cycling jersey when cycling.
    If you wish for peace, prepare for war.

VIP Member
    I dress more like a skateboarder than a Tour de France entrant when I ride, so my IWB set-up works just fine. I usually go with my Glock 19 in a Brommeland Max-Con V, but my 19L in the Midworld shown in my avatar works equally well.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    I often put my .380 in a bar bag. But I wanted a way to carry a full size for better shootability and power.

Quote Originally Posted by rabbit2011 View Post
    Do you have any type of holster in your pocket? I sweat really bad and can rust a blued finish in a few hours...lol

IMAG0026.jpg This works well and no one even notices...not even me. tested on up to 14 mile runs, and it can go IWB for a ride or jersey pocket. Considered wearing it for my Ironman Marathon, just to see if anyone noticed.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Cupcake, what kind of pistol is that?

Hcaponej, Cupcake's gun looks like a Kel-Tec P3AT...

I am partial to the Pistol Wear PT-2 or Trump Card with a S&W Bodyguard 380 inside. That rig works for me, either on foot or on the bike.

Wilson
    www.BladeBarrelBezel.com
    Articles, not commerce.

Links