Milt Sparks VMII and Sig P239

This is a discussion on Milt Sparks VMII and Sig P239 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone here use a Milt Sparks VMII holster for their Sig P239? If so, can you tell me whether the holster has a tab ...

Thread: Milt Sparks VMII and Sig P239

Milt Sparks VMII and Sig P239

Does anyone here use a Milt Sparks VMII holster for their Sig P239?

If so, can you tell me whether the holster has a tab that extends upward far enough to keep the rear sight from digging into your side? I currently use a High Noon IWB, but whenever I sit down the rear sight really digs into my "spare tire." I ordered a VMII three months ago before I realized what was causing my problem. I suppose I could go on a crash diet to get rid of the spare tire, but it would be easier if I knew the holster will accomodate my need for a little extra in the way of less tire wear.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

2. Remove Ads

Try this link: http://www.miltsparks.com/ and give him a call and ask him where your order is on his production schedule. It may not be too late to ask him to add a "slide guard" to your holster. It can't hurt to ask.

LTPhoon,
    Great suggestion. I gave them a call this morning and Marty, the salesman who took my original order, said that the VMII is designed with an extension that covers the entire slide of whatever gun the holster is made for. He said that many of their customers are afflicted with the dreaded "spare tire" and, so far, no complaints about tire wear have been received.
    "Society never advances. It recedes as fast on one side as it gains on the other. It undergoes continual change; but this change is not [an improvement]. For everything that is given, something is taken."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

I have used the VMII for about 4 years now, with a PT111, and a KP95DC, and find it to be a very comfortable holster, with both sizes of pistol. In spite of my spare tire. I think you will love it.

comet66,
    Thanks for sharing your positive experience with the holster. I am looking forward to receiving mine around the end of December.
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Does anyone here use a Milt Sparks VMII holster for their Sig P239?

If so, can you tell me whether the holster has a tab that extends upward far enough to keep the rear sight from digging into your side?
    The tab on mine comes up, and looking from the back side I can actually still see the top of the rear sight over the tab. Having said that, I can't remember ever having any problem.

Rick
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

VIP Member
    I too have a few VMII's and I recomend them so much it borders on being obnoxious!

It's the only IWB holster I use, I had one with my P-229 before I joined the "Dark Side"and it was great! I think you'll like it for the P-239.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    I have to agree with everyone here that the VM II is one of the best IWB holsters going. I got mine from LAS and they were great to deal with.

I have the Sig P239 as my personal carry weapon and also use the Milt Sparks VMII Holster for it. You will love this holster!! I can wear it all day with no discomfort at all. My personal preference is to use the kydex clips with a belt over the top, but I used them so often that they eventually snapped. The kydex clips virtually eliminate any shifting of the holster. I am going to buy some replacement clips soon.

Links