need help carrying at work - Page 2

need help carrying at work

This is a discussion on need help carrying at work within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Whoa whoa! I can legally carry at work. No worries there. Originally Posted by cayman_shen Can you modify the pants by adding a velcro dot ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: need help carrying at work

Whoa whoa! I can legally carry at work. No worries there.

Quote Originally Posted by cayman_shen View Post
    Can you modify the pants by adding a velcro dot to the pocket?
    Nope, I have 11 pairs of pants that come from an outside uniform company.

Quote Originally Posted by jblitz View Post
    With an LCP and a GOOD holster that should be no problem.

If your employer does not allow carry, you should not be carrying while at work.
    Read the whole employee handbook, nothing about weapons is mentioned. The town I live in I would be surprised if there are not others that carry at work as well. What GOOD pocket holster comes to mind? I was thinking kydex maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post

What I mean by that is think through the various scenarios, where you might be called upon to draw your carry weapon to protect yourself and others, and develop a plan of action in advance. If you're always aware of your surroundings, and who is doing what, you'll spot the problem before it's in your face, allowing you to seek cover, get your weapon out and into play before the BG knows what happened.

Be safe.
    Great advice, thanks. The reason I place so much emphasis on speed though is that I have found several scenarios to be most likely.

1. Locking up the lot at night
    2. Picking up or dropping off customers
    3. Out back of building (more or less a large alley) face down in a vehicle with a loud shop-vac running.
    4. In the wash bay with 2 compressors, and a pressure washer running while focusing on my job

Both 1 and 2 can be improved by your advice. However during 3 I cannot even tell when vehicles drive by, so a would be crook could walk up no problem. Finally 4, and this one infuriates me, you would think in a closed in building covered in employee only signs and an entire shop of people I could let my guard down a bit and focus on work. But the other day a dirtbag was looking for a guy I work with and got within 4 feet of me. No one else ever saw him, I definitely did not hear him coming, and if anything would have happened no one would have heard or seen anything.

Unless you are doing handstands, I cannot see a pistol falling out of your pocket. A Nemesis pocket holster should work just fine. If you want a nice leather one, you can contact Jim at www.hiddenholsters.net. I use one of his holsters daily for my LCP - he added a thumb push-off at my request, and it works very well. I have the one with the anti-print panel - looks like a wallet in the pocket. No one can tell what it is.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Quote Originally Posted by jblitz View Post
    Yes, there are ways to do this but not LEGALLY. Bad advice, and advice that should not be put forth on this forum. JMO...
    If your work place is posted properly in many states it is illegal, if it is just company policy there are no legal repercussions.

I was working as a retail manager (convenience store) for a bit after the company I worked for shut down.

Building not posted (carries weight of Law in TN), still it was not allowed by company policy.

I did weigh the odds and considered the potential consequences, I chose to carry daily.

Whether you are telling someone something is Illegal when it is not, or are telling someone something is Legal when it is not,

bad advice either way.

Giving points to consider and weigh out when under taking a legal activity that may have negative consequences is helpful.
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

Re: need help carrying at work

Quote Originally Posted by pfries View Post
    If your work place is posted properly it is illegal, if it is company policy there are no legal repercussions.

I was working as a retail manager (convenience store) for a bit after the company I worked for shut down.

Building not posted, still it was not allowed by company policy.

I did weigh the odds and considered the potential consequences, I chose to carry daily.

Whether you are telling someone something is Illegal when it is not, or are telling someone something is Legal when it is not,

bad advice either way.

Giving points to consider and weigh out when under taking a legal activity that may have negative consequences is helpful.
    The legal weight of a "no guns sign" varies from state to state. It would help though if we know where the OP is located.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by badger54 View Post
    The legal weight of a "no guns sign" varies from state to state. It would help though if we know where the OP is located.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    I had just got done editing to include that in post, thanks for the catch
    Mors est libertas

MALAD JUSTED

I am not concerned about the legality of carry at work. I know for a fact that I can, there are no signs, nothing in contract, and people talk pretty openly about guns.

I have read mixed reviews on the nemasis. From what I understand if it is inverted at all, the gun is pretty loose. I am a pretty small guy. My chicken legs would definitely not put pressure on the holster to increase retention. And a lot of the customer vehicles I drive have the seats pushed forward which lifts my legs and inverts the holster.

"Well why dont you jus' adjust the seat?"

Because customers like to complain about the seat being adjusted during their free wash and cleaning.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links