SR9c or XD9sc with a Remora?

This is a discussion on SR9c or XD9sc with a Remora? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have both of these pistols, and I can't make up my mind which one to carry. I shoot them both well. I like the ...

I have both of these pistols, and I can't make up my mind which one to carry. I shoot them both well. I like the lighter weight of the sr9c, but i like the grip of the xd9sc, the little thicker grip. I'm planning on buying another Remora holster for each of them as money allows. I spent wayyy too much on ammo and mags lately :) So, should i get the rigid opening on the Remora, or the standard? And which pistol would you carry if you had the same choice, and why? I'm going with the Remora because I seldom carry all day long, not allowed at work, and i wanted something easy on/off in the vehicle. Thanks!

I have a Remora coming (if it ever ships) for my SR9c. I can give you an opinion then.

/useless post.

VIP Member
    Get a MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat

MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg

Order a replacement kydex for the other gun for under $20 and try carrying both and see which you like better.

Since it is a concern for you, I can tell you that putting it on and taking it off is pretty easy too...I've had to do it in the car on a few occasions and it was hard to do at all.

Can't help you with your carry choice. I have the SR9C and have thought about carrying it but I love my Walther PPQ too much.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by cheezy View Post
    I have both of these pistols, and I can't make up my mind which one to carry. I shoot them both well. I like the lighter weight of the sr9c, but i like the grip of the xd9sc, the little thicker grip. I'm planning on buying another Remora holster for each of them as money allows. I spent wayyy too much on ammo and mags lately :) So, should i get the rigid opening on the Remora, or the standard? And which pistol would you carry if you had the same choice, and why? I'm going with the Remora because I seldom carry all day long, not allowed at work, and i wanted something easy on/off in the vehicle. Thanks!
    If it were me I'd go with the XD just personal preference, as far as the Remora the only time you should consider the reinforced top is if you would be re-holstering one handed frequently example law enforcement needing to apprehend someone (grabbing handcuffs with free hand while re-holstering) for regular concealed carry I would go with the standard no clip original holster by Remora. The reinforced top is not as comfortable either, a couple modifications I would consider would be; the ART (combat cut) and the new Remora-Hyde leather lining (it makes the holster a little thinner but does weigh slightly more than the standard lining so it's up to you). I have the #6 ART with the Remora-Hyde lining for my S&W M&P 40c and it's awesome you won't be disappointed! If you haven't placed your order yet and are still planning on doing so you can use coupon code newyear25 for 25% off, if it's not available anymore message the owner Alan and tell him you really wanted the 25% off deal and apparently just missed it I'm sure he'll hook you up email him at alan.remora@yahoo.com you could also email him regarding what the best holster option would be for your case scenario. Honestly if you talk to Alan I bet he would send a holster for BOTH guns in advance and you could pay him later, he did this for me I simply asked how long the new year coupon would be good for because I didn't have the money and he replied back with what's your address and what holster do you want you can pay later when you get the extra cash. I bet he would do that for you to he's a great guy who really has a heart for his customers.

I really like the Remora so I think I'll send them an email and see what they suggest for me. Thanks!

Links