Ankle Holster Help

This is a discussion on Ankle Holster Help within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by kb2wji For me, the only ankle holster that works, MUST lace into a boot. Not ideal for you in dress attire, but ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ankle Holster Help

Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    For me, the only ankle holster that works, MUST lace into a boot. Not ideal for you in dress attire, but maybe theres a dress boot of some sort? I dunno. I hate shoe shopping Either way, a holster that laces to your boot does not move at all. I carry like this 8+ hours/day, and often run with it. It's never so much as shifted its position. This one is a Gould & Goodrich. It laces to the boot, then velcro's around the boot. It's solid as a rock. Most of the "weight" felt with an ankle holster is when it moves slightly when you walk. It amplifies the weight. I dont even know I have this on anymore. It's a PM9 that rides in it, but they have sizes available for most smaller pistols.

I was wondering about this holster for my Glock 26. Sounds good that you can even run with it.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Ankle holsters suck in every possible way. That being said, I have used them extensively in the past, without the calf strap. In my experience, they tend to bruise your ankle right where that bone ball sticks out if you insist on having a 3 o'clock placement. I settled on more of a 4:30 placement. Nearly impossible to conceal when your pant legs ride up to sit, forget about crossing your leg. I mostly overcame these faults by wearing a thick black sock over the holster, and keeping my hand over the sock/holster. Also get your pant legs tailored a bit longer.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

thanks for the info everyone. It is good to know about the calf strap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links