Does anyone else have a Blackhawk CQC Serpa Hoslter?

Does anyone else have a Blackhawk CQC Serpa Hoslter?

This is a discussion on Does anyone else have a Blackhawk CQC Serpa Hoslter? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked one up awhile ago for like $40 off Amazon. Comes with a paddle and belt option easy to change.. Overall Nice quality,great locking mechanism. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Does anyone else have a Blackhawk CQC Serpa Hoslter?

Thumbs up Does anyone else have a Blackhawk CQC Serpa Hoslter?

Picked one up awhile ago for like $40 off Amazon.
    Comes with a paddle and belt option easy to change..
    Overall Nice quality,great locking mechanism.
    Mines the Matte black finish
    Fits like a glove,and quick draw like crazy..
    I know the one thing though with this is to learn how to safely and correctly use the serpa slide mechanism.
    Other than that Its Close Quarters Concealment..
    But doesnt draw as close as youd like it to,but not he worst..
    Its Honestly a greattt carry or Range holster..But people do pull it off as a Conceal as well..U just have to figure that one out..With what ur workin with at the time..
    Also its able to be tilted which can help with a multitude of things.
    Anyways Just wanted to see If anyone else has experience with this.

It was my first holster. I use it often in cold weather to conceal my EDC with a jacket, or when riding my motorcycle. Those considering buying one from Ebay, beware that there are low quality fakes sold by overseas sellers.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I have one for my Sigma 40 cal. I like it. Right now the weather is cold so i can easily conceal it with a light jacket. The paddle is comfortable if you are just walking around. If you need to bend or twist when working or whatever it can be a little uncomfortable. I will get the belt option eventually. Overall, it is a great holster.
    “Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    The only bad thing I've ever heard about them is that they're "dangerous" (this is said by the people who don't know how to properly use them), and that it's not the best for concealing. I will probably be buying one for my M&P eventually.
    TN_Mike, gregnsc and jbum like this.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Good to hear some others using it.
    Also yeh Thats one reason I hate dealing wth Ebay,Besides dealng with paypal..
    Amazons my place of choice,does'nt mean I buy from unreliable sources though.
    Yeh this is my first holster and glad I picked it up

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar

Re: Does anyone else have a Blackhawk CQC Serpa Hoslter?

I have one for my XDM, made for an XD. I only use it at the range, wish the Bianchi CarryLok was available for it at the time.

Nice makes a perfect range Holster!
    Also yes it can be dangerous,because if you press on it like a button instead of laying your pointer finger on it evenly and gently press & slide You can accidently press the trigger coming out..
    theres Videos on youtube showing the proper use of the Serpa Technology.If you practice and use it safetly there is no problem..So dont let them ruin it for you.
    Also it just promotes proper drawing from a holster in general as well..

I have 5 of them. One for the Glock 23, one for the XD.40, One for the Beretta M9, One for the Sig and one for the XD. 40 sub compact. My wife and I use them regularly. Never had a problem with them. I, unfortunately, have had to draw for real, under stress in real life defensive situations, twice. I did not shoot myself in the leg and both instances I beat the dirt bag on the draw and one ran like the wind and the other stopped what he was doing immediately.

I like the SERPA a lot. It is NOT a dangerous holster nor is it a flawed design. I believe that those who think so, and I know it is some big names out there, are incorrect or simply ignorant of the design.
    pfries, boricua, jbum and 3 others like this.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Good to hear The support and to hear It worked out perfect for you in your 2 SD scenarios.
    Also that is very correct,Theres alot of BIG name gun guys that are just totally one sided,and ignorant about quite a few things..
    Anyways Nice collection of handguns to Mike

Love mine, but it is not for CC. Range or hunting holster only.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Yep, I have & use one occasionally as an under-the-jacket crossdraw for my G19 on long road trips. As stated above, BEWARE of very authentic-looking clone junk that's going around. Amazon/Ebay are an ideal venue for con-artists.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Have one for my G-30 and use it with the paddle in the winter underneath my coat. IMHO, they are only as dangerous as the person using it.
    "The only thing I'm an expert about is my experience."

Only as dangerous as the person operating it is correct.
    And I only make purchases form trusted vendors off Amazon.
    But yeh perfect CC if ur wearing the infamous

Carrhart

Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    The only bad thing I've ever heard about them is that they're "dangerous" (this is said by the people who don't know how to properly use them),
    Yes, that's why so many training schools and LE organizations have banned the use of the SERPA
    SERPA Issue Compilation
    tmoore912 likes this.

Im sure theres also lots of stories of guns being taken away from someone out of there own holster and shot..Or like the one where it got out of that guys holster at the movies..But I dont have the time to look into that.I talked to an LEO who actually had that happen but luckily it missed him,ever since then he used a Serpa.
    Another thing to is alot of these people are beginners in these examples,and dont look into the safety of the holster or are not told ahead of time..And just overall are not experienced..
    So maybe for a beginner who just wants to pull that sucker out n blast its not the best idea..
    But as long as you practice and keep up on how to safetly use the holster there should be no worries..
    And I'm personally not gonna be in a place where a whole bunch of rocks are gonna get lodged up into mine..
    That also has to do with maintaining a clean holster..Which I will do.
    But bottom line there not for everybody,and you'll either like em or wont..
    This holster is just like Guns and the stuff goin down..
    The Dumb people who wer'nt maintaining proper safe use of their weapons or just being not careful/StupID give guns and any followers a bad name..
    But anyway

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links