IWB holster - barrel parallel to body

This is a discussion on IWB holster - barrel parallel to body within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am using a King Tuck IWB holster. It has the conventional "forward" slant. Have moved back clip down to reduce this. Does anyone make ...

Thread: IWB holster - barrel parallel to body

IWB holster - barrel parallel to body

I am using a King Tuck IWB holster. It has the conventional "forward" slant. Have moved back clip down to reduce this.

Does anyone make one that would have the barrel parallel to my body (when standing).

I carry @ 3 O'clock - Sig P229 .40

I have seen one that wears at 2 O'clock, but with a 229, this may be a problem.

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

There are many holster like you describe. It goes by many names: vertical cant, no cant, 0 cant, 0 degree cant, straight cant....

You may be able to move the front clip down and back clip up enough to achieve "0" cant with the gun using your existing holster. I have never owned a Galco King Tuk, so not sure about that. It looks like they are adjustable - but it might mess up the ride height too.

If you want a different holster...
    Do you want leather, kydex, or a mix?

Austin

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    There are many holster like you describe. It goes by many names: vertical cant, no cant, 0 cant, 0 degree cant, straight cant....

You may be able to move the front clip down and back clip up enough to achieve "0" cant with the gun using your existing holster. I have never owned a Galco King Tuk, so not sure about that. It looks like they are adjustable - but it might mess up the ride height too.

If you want a different holster...
    Do you want leather, kydex, or a mix?

Austin
    i moved the rear clip up to it's highest position. This reduced the forward cant. I understand what the cant is for when carrying at 4+ O'clock.

Coming back that far is the natural angle your hand/wrist is going to be.

I really like the holster - really well made.

Pretty new to "good" holsters - I like the Kydex - it was a tad tight at first, but i like that you can tighten your belt and it does not collapse as easily as leather.

I also carry a P232 in the same holster. As long as i don't go upside down, the gun stays put. (Wish they made KT specifically for 232 - "summer" carry)

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Sideguard holster allows you to order the cant you want, from 0 to 20 deg. I have the double clip fir my CZ75 compact.

Thanks for the info.

If you like the "hybrid" type holster, this one might be just the thing for you: Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster

If you want to go all kydex, there are lots more options. There are lots of options no matter what, really.

Austin

edited to add: you could also get a 232 body for this one and then it would fit right with both guns.

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    If you like the "hybrid" type holster, this one might be just the thing for you: Inside Waistband Holsters - Minotaur Holsters - products new home - Minotaur MTAC Holster

If you want to go all kydex, there are lots more options. There are lots of options no matter what, really.

Austin

edited to add: you could also get a 232 body for this one and then it would fit right with both guns.
    Thanks for the info. Would love one that fit both. The 232 "fits" in the 229 better if I crank up the belt tightness, so I will look at that.

What I meant was - they sell the kydex portions separately. So you could have one for a 232 and one for your 229.

Austin

Links