Ken Null ankle holster

Ken Null ankle holster

This is a discussion on Ken Null ankle holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Some of y'all may recall my ramblings about a backup gun here. I bought a S&W 642 a while back and like it a lot. ...

Thread: Ken Null ankle holster

Ken Null ankle holster

Some of y'all may recall my ramblings about a backup gun here.

I bought a S&W 642 a while back and like it a lot. Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to carry it on my middle-aged body that is both comfortable and concealable, except as a primary.

So I returned to my trusty Colt Mustang Pocketlite as my BUG. After trying lots of options, I decided to carry it in an ankle holster.

Early this month I called Ken Null and ordered an ankle holster. I spoke with Ken and told him that I needed a black leather, right-hand draw for the Mustang. I mentioned that I hadn't seen the Mustang listed as a model for which he made ankle holsters.

Ken said he had one exactly like what I wanted in stock. He said he was leaving town for a week or so, but he'd ship it as soon as he returned.

Sure enough, it arrived last week. Beautifully made. According to Ken, you need to practice 20 or so draws to properly break in the holster. I did about 25 before I felt confident that I could get the gun back out smoothly. Ken's fit is incredibly close.

I wore the holster empty thru Friday last week to get used to it. I now know whether I can cross my legs, bend over, kneel down, etc. This weekend I put the Mustang in and continued. By the end of Sunday, I felt confident in the holster. I'll start carrying with it tomorrow.

YMMV one hell of a lot.

Bill

I've got a friend who carries his J-frame in Ken Null's SMZ shoulder holster and is very pleased with the product.

I understand he not only does good work, but is a great person when it comes to doing business.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Links