IWB holster for sig p238?

This is a discussion on IWB holster for sig p238? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello everyone, new to DC forums. This is my official first post on here. I just made my first handgun purchase. Landed on the sig ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MrsHB

Thread: IWB holster for sig p238?

Hello everyone, new to DC forums. This is my official first post on here. I just made my first handgun purchase. Landed on the sig p238 for concealed carry. I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas on what IWB holster they like. I am looking at some of the desantis holsters as well as some of the holsters from holster pro (model 577). Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Remora is awesome. You would need the size #2 for the P238 and I would suggest the ART which is combat cut so #2ART. You can wear it IWB and also can be used as a pocket holster if desired. There are also several modifications you can opt for such as sweat shield which provides a little extra material at the top against your skin, Remora-Hyde (leather liner) a little thinner than the standard liner, tuckable, they also make an OWB holster that can be worn IWB/OWB/and pocket. They also make a 3 in 1 which is ankle/IWB/pocket for $35. Check out the website any variation of holster you would need the series/size#2.
    http://www.remoraholsterstore.com/Pr...de=Series-2ART
    For $25 you really can't beat it, it's great quality made in the USA backed by a lifetime warranty.

Read this post from a fellow DC forum guy...
    I've tried the rest, now using the best

Congratulations on your 238. They are great guns, my wife and I each have one. We have two different IWB holsters, and I would recommend them both. They are the Cross Breed Minituck, and Pure Kustoms Black Ops Pro. The Black Ops is nice because you can carry IWB or OWB.

I have several Crossbreed holsters. They are a fine product. I think they make one specifically for the 238.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

Bianchi Model 100 in size 9. Fits my wife's P238 perfectly.

Model 100 *Professional™ Inside Waistband Holster Bianchi Leather Holsters

Sponsor
    The SHTF Gear Sig P238 Holster has a 5 star product rating on Amazon. I think you would really like it. You can find it here.

Sig P238 ACE-2 Holster

feature-small.jpg

Thanks!
    Clay

VIP Member
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Get a MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat

MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg

For under $20 you change out the kydex if you ever get another carry gun...when your carry choice changes, your holster changes with it.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Welcome to the forum I just purchased this holster for mine... It comes in both LH and RH so far I like it

Edit: this a Sig Sauer heavy duty P238 holster sold by www.theholsterstore.net you can also buy them thru Amazon

Here are pictures of how it looks with the P238

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Have you looked at Sig's little holster, kind of a 3 in 1

Open Top Conceal Carry Holster

I also been using a DC Holster( not for the p238 ), it has been working out really great.

Sig Sauer P238 - DC Holsters
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

We have many holsters for the 238 starting at 25.00 to 300.00
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

A lot depends on which IWB position will conceal best on your body shape. IMO, the Remora is the best way to figure that out. You can carry it in the appendix position; on your hip; or behind your hip. You can try it in the vertical position, or with all sorts of cants (tilts). You can try it low inside your waistband, or with a higher ride.

Once you've established the best position, you can shop for belt clip holsters with that configuration.

My must-have IWB holsters for my 238 are a Remora, a hybrid holster (Crossbreed), and Galco bellyband. The bellyband is the deepest concealing and is useful for summer carry, when I'm often wearing clothes that won't accommodate a gun belt. The belly band also offers a variety of carry positions, as well as pockets for extra mags or keys.

Good luck!
    guitarzNgunz likes this.
    "...people who carry a gun understand that they are arming themselves against a very unlikely event... People who arm themselves are not confused about the odds. They are concerned about the stakes. -Kathy Jackson
    NRA Life Member

I use Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro for all of my CC weapons......both IWB and OWB
    Attached Images
    b.

Links