to carry a sig 229?

to carry a sig 229?

This is a discussion on to carry a sig 229? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i have a sig 229 equinox what would be the best way too carry it. let me see what you guys have for info right ...

Thread: to carry a sig 229?

to carry a sig 229?

i have a sig 229 equinox what would be the best way too carry it. let me see what you guys have for info right know i have a milton sparks iwb.

VIP Member
    That's sure a personal choice. I had a P-229R and I carried it daily for about 6 months in a VMII, IWB at 4:00 and loved it!

I think the VMII is the best IWB made! But that's just me!

By the way... WELCOME!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    I carry my duty P229 in a Galco OWB or Ted Blocker LFI Special IWB holsters. You didn't specify the Sparks IWB you use. The VMII or Watch Six are excellent holsters for this bulky gun.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Senior Moderator
    i have a sig 229 equinox what would be the best way too carry it
    The best way is too carry it all the time...
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

If you want outside the waistband...

I think the best support for a fairly heavy gun like the Sig P229 is a top quality pancake of good leather with belt loops on either side of the gun. This Del Fatti model LP, shown with a Sig P229, is a good choice:

Del Fatti website

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    I carry mine in a Wild Bills No Such Agency holster. I carry it virtually all the time because it is very comfortable. When I had to use it in the defense of others it my 229 came effortlessly (and I mean without consciously thinking) about the draw. The problem is you have to deal with Bill and his forgetful ways. I've had one on order for an HK since June and will finally get it. But, it will work perfectly when needed.

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Well in all honesty the advantage you have is your gun....EVERYONE makes 229 stuff. MS makes good stuff and wouldnt blame you a bit for going with Tony's stuff.

But IMO...given the gun you have and the choices you have for gun leather....you have about 20+ other world class choices to go with. Many of whom are on this board....
    Gary, Matt, Mark........etc etc etc....all can help you out.

Happy hunting and god bless........
    Eric
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Sig 229 said:
    i have a sig 229 equinox what would be the best way too carry it
    Send it to me and I'll carry it; I think that would be best...

I think you have an excellent holster to start with--I don't know which Milt Sparks IWB it is, but they all get good press, SSII, Versa Max, Executives Companion, etc., with my favorite being the Watch Six, which I carry daily.

How to best carry it depends on what you'll be doing and wearing. I have six different methods of carry: IWB, OWB, SmartCarry, Belly Band, Aker Shoulder Rig, and Maxpedition Versipack. It took a couple of years to sort out my needs and decide what I liked best. This for sure, I've really fallen for the Milt Sparks products. And, I now have my eye on an OWB by K&D, the Eagle Defender.

So, ask for opinions, but after you provide some criteria as to what activities you'll be doing and what you'll be wearing. That will make a great deal of difference in terms of what advice you'll hear.

By the way, I covet the 229, especially the Equinox or SAS...you've got a great pistol there!
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Sponsored Links