Help with using a Remora for my LCP

This is a discussion on Help with using a Remora for my LCP within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been using a Remora for IWB of my Ruger LCP for maybe 6 months or so. I like it and it has never ...

I have been using a Remora for IWB of my Ruger LCP for maybe 6 months or so. I like it and it has never fallen out. The only problem is that it does tend to move downward every time I wear it from 3-5 O'clock. It may take a few hours but it eventually moves downward until the grip is touching the top of my pants and then it stays put. I would like to be able to have it ride higher with a slight cant but it doesn't seem to stay. When I try to appendix carry it 11-2 o'clock it tends to ride up almost to the point of falling out.

I tried tightening my belt but it gets to the point that my belt is soo tight that it is uncomfortable. I think that maybe because the LCP is so small and thin that the Remora may not have much contact area to really grip in. If it were a slightly larger gun it may stay in place better.

Any suggestions?

Did you contact Remora and explain this to them?

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    I would call up Remora and explain your problem. More than anyone on this forum they can give you the best advice and "root out" what appears to be a problem for you. Off hand one possibility is that you do not have the holster located in a position that allows your hip to be in play as sort of a "ledge", if that means anything. Another possiblity is the extent of your physical actions while CC; the holster is surely not secure to a belt or clipped to your pants and IMHO, it is meant for those "easy" comings and goings during the day and not exertion-type movements or actions. Call them up and explain--they are very helpful. I have an full size with 21 rounds in the semi and have it "tucked" into that "waist area above the hip" and have no problems.

Don't get me wrong. I can do cartwheels and jumping jacks and it will not fall out. Its just that in time and with a lot of movement it will move.

What kind of a belt are you wearing when this happens? My Remora (w/reinforced top) works best with my Gunsite Instructors's belt. A thin belt may offer less-than-ideal stability from the outside of your pant's waistband.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    What kind of a belt are you wearing when this happens? My Remora (w/reinforced top) works best with my Gunsite Instructors's belt. A thin belt may offer less-than-ideal stability from the outside of your pant's waistband.
    I am using either a Wilderness TActical 5 stictch or an A&G Belt. Both are pretty stable.

My Remora did the same thing with my M&P40c, I was constantly readjusting it. I've since gone back to the hybrid style holsters and am now using a Bianchi Suppression holster. My wife keeps her M&P40 in the Remora in her nightstand drawer.

I tuck my remora inside my underware so it is right up against my skin, my CM9 does not move even in sweatpants or shorts. Now I dont tuck my shirt in so that is not an issue for me.

Sounds like it's due for a cleaning, use dawn dish soap to hand wash your holster than let it air dry. Shake off as much water as possible then let it air dry. If the mouth of the holster won't stay open on it's own use something to keep it open (toilet paper roll works perfect). Should be good as new when your done. I usually clean mine every 2-3 months to maintain it's tackiness, dirt and body oils build up over time. If you've had yours for 6 months it's definitely due for a cleaning. There are cleaning instructions under the FAQ section on the Remora website.

Quote Originally Posted by joepa150 View Post
    I am using either a Wilderness TActical 5 stictch or an A&G Belt. Both are pretty stable.
    Then it surely can't be belt related. Have to concur that an exterior cleaning (to re-establish max tackiness) is the most likely correction. Good Luck & LET US KNOW!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    I purchased and use my Remora solely because I do not like wearing a belt. I am a 24/7 shorts, athletic pants w/drawstrings etal and that is exactly why I purchased the Remora--it is about the only kind of holster that I can use just because it does stay in place. I tend to believe the exact location of your holster, where your hip bone becomes a bit of a ledge or hump that minimizes any "slippage" is the key. Again, Remora has the experience and the answers.

Links