Defensive Carry banner

Disguised holster

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  ArmyCop 
#1 ·
I'm just more comfortable when wearing OWB. With cooler weather coming in, I was wondering if there exists a holster with the following traits, for use with short/medium length outerwear:

1. Squared off or rounded at the bottom
2. Not boned on the outside
3. Bearing markings (I'm thinking Star of Life for EMS, or some other label, like a fictitious company or reference) or colors that would disguise it's use

Something that might be seen as an accessory pack rather than the bottom of a gun holster, when an outer garment conceals the top. I remember seeing recently someone that customizes holsters, by way of putting a department shield on the outside, but it still looked like a holster.:frown:

#2 ·
KD Holsters does put departmental logos on holsters, but as you said they still look like a traditional holster.

Questions:

What size pistol are we talking about?

What environment are you wanting to carry in (on/off duty), casual attire?

Depending upon the weapon size the case could be disguised as an instrument holster (hemostats,multitool, knife, scissors, pen light, etc....) with a gun pocket.

Is speed a concern with access to the weapon?

#5 ·
H&K USP full size.

Off duty. On duty potentially, if employment circumstances change, or if I start doing volunteer work again.

Speed is not an overwhelming concern.

I see where you are going here. On one hand, I'd like a semi-traditional holster (waist up traditional, waist down "camo"), but a full "camo" holster definitely has it's merits, something like a geek pack with a surprise. I bet that would be hard to pull off with my HK USP without looking like Batman with compensation problems!

I used to use a bagmaster (www.bagmaster.com) that fit the bill well, but the zipper broke and I haven't replaced it. Plus I really didn't like the way the zipper was set up (hard to set up for the presentation), the floppiness of one metal clip, and the difficulty of on/off. Now with another type of holster, where the top of the gun is concealed but could be accessed easily, and there were "camo" props/designs on the front of the holster, that would be awesome, and probably applicable to a great many CCWers.

#3 ·
"safepacker". Do a search on here for that. There's a recent thread on it, and it sounds like it may be what you're looking for.

#7 ·
I have a belt pack that looks like a Bible Cover....
Quicktab zipper and all...
If someone asks I just say it holds my "adrenaline pump"......
I dont recall where I bought it though, you may try a Google search...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.