do you like blackhawk serpa holsters? - Page 2

do you like blackhawk serpa holsters?

This is a discussion on do you like blackhawk serpa holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No, I don't like Blackhawk Serpa Holsters. There are much better/safer holster options on the market. One such holster is the MaxTuck from White Hat ...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: do you like blackhawk serpa holsters?

No, I don't like Blackhawk Serpa Holsters.

There are much better/safer holster options on the market.

One such holster is the MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat

MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I don't use it often, but I do like mine. I only use it with the paddle attachment, because it is easier to remove.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Mishaps are due to not maintainiing proper care and making inside is clear of debris,and unless your rolling around in rocks that should'nt happen anyways..
    But the whole trigger thing is from a lack of training and lack of resposibility to learn how to use your holster first..
    Alot of these mishaps happened from N00bs who were just starting and wanted to just pull and shoot awayy..Or experienced shooters who lacked to learn before they used it..But getting a gun out of a holster like that(the bad way) would not be safe in any holster..
    Using this holster the safe way your SUPPOSED TO promotes proper holster grip placement..
    heres some pics

Proper Safe Way
    074.JPG

Bad Dangerous Way
    073.JPG

N heres a pic of using it with my PX4 Storm Full Size
    072.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by ddclancy View Post
    I use a Serpa with the quick disconnect kit in my car. That's it, otherwise I use Crossbreed IWB.
    I use the quick disconnect in all of my rigs as well. I love it. Good oc holster, I can't even think about cc with it. But I use various other ones for that.

I like mine very much, I use it with the paddle for range days. I see you've made up your mind and if you're scared of an accidental discharge then by all means get one that makes you feel safe. We don't want you to get hurt, but if you ask people who have and use them then the concensus is that they're perfectly safe if you know how to use them.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Blackhawk Serpa

I love my Blackhawk Serpa. I use one for my Glock 19, and wish there was one available for my PPK/S.

I use the paddle, as it allows a quick -on, quick -off

GH
    The Milwaukee Police Department has banned Serpas for use by its officers.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by drinknshoot View Post
    Mishaps are due to not maintainiing proper care and making inside is clear of debris,and unless your rolling around in rocks that should'nt happen anyways..
    But the whole trigger thing is from a lack of training and lack of resposibility to learn how to use your holster first..

Alot of these mishaps happened from N00bs who were just starting and wanted to just pull and shoot awayy..Or experienced shooters who lacked to learn before they used it..But getting a gun out of a holster like that(the bad way) would not be safe in any holster..
    Using this holster the safe way your SUPPOSED TO promotes proper holster grip placement..
    heres some pics
    That's makes for a good sound bite, but there are waaaayyyyy too many out there that won't do that, or get issued the holster and expected to use it before they can learn. A lot of departments that issue these things have no clue about the associated issues. As for rolling around in rocks etc. It can also be done with snow, or other debris. Not all of us are city dwellers and getting in a....situation while armed might very well lead to rolling around on the ground which could result in the mechanism getting fouled.I wonder what grain dust would do to that thing?

You could also end up in a situation pinned with your gun side to a wall or the ground and not be able to reach that button.

I can see the appeal of the rig, it's surely better than the common place nylon junk holster I see a lot of open carriers with, but I still think there are better options with retention out there.

The people that have or are going to put fourth serious effort into learning that holster don't bother me so much, it's all the others that should be shopping for a different holster.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    See JD's response.

There have been too many NDs due to the finger being too dang close to the trigger - with force applied - as the gun is unholstered. Several trainers will not allow them in their classes for that very reason.
    It's understandable that trainers would want to restrict equipment for safety reasons based on the lowest common denominator of student capability.
    The Serpa doesn't meet my needs for a concealment holster but I do think the claims that it isn't a safe holster to use are largely baseless. As with any other holster you draw a gun from keeping ones head in the game is advisable. The way to draw from a Serpa safely is to index the trigger finger in the manner we've been trained to do since day one of our shooting lives.
    9MMare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    See JD's response.

There have been too many NDs due to the finger being too dang close to the trigger - with force applied - as the gun is unholstered. Several trainers will not allow them in their classes for that very reason.
    WHAT! I don't get how that would happen. Because your finger is next to the trigger once it comes out of the holster and hits it??

Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    The Milwaukee Police Department has banned Serpas for use by its officers.
    do you have a link to this?

also, can't debris get lodged in ANY holster??

I have one and I use it occasionally with the paddle. Not for concealed.
    Usually use it when out in the hills or when shooting a steel match. My draw has not been hindered during a steel matches.

For concealed carry I use a handmade leather OWB holster. Comfortable and snug.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

Paddle for me.
    And the old man said, "We'll see..."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    also, can't debris get lodged in ANY holster??
    Not to the degree that it is a physical impossibility to draw my weapon.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links