do you like blackhawk serpa holsters? - Page 4

do you like blackhawk serpa holsters?

This is a discussion on do you like blackhawk serpa holsters? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wear one everyday, I do like it. As long as my finger is flat when drawing there is no problem for me. I tried ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: do you like blackhawk serpa holsters?

I wear one everyday, I do like it. As long as my finger is flat when drawing there is no problem for me. I tried to pull the trigger by doing the boogie finger and still couldn't do an ND, but I wouldn't want to test it on a light tigger pull.. The glock has a pretty heavy pull, I think over 5lbs So no issues here.. Id like to try other ones though, and in summer I'll use IWB.

Re: do you like blackhawk serpa holsters?

I don't have a Serpa. I went with an Itac of similar design. I've always preferred it over the Serpa...don't know why. Seems a bit less cumbersome to me I suppose. I've been using them for years and always think about where my finger falls when I draw. Just as some here have said, its about knowing your gear and being diligent about safety.

Sent using my Tap-a-talkinator
    Last edited by Nebraska12; January 26th, 2013 at 12:01 PM.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Quote Originally Posted by thephanatik View Post
    There's better systems out there, like the G-Code XST holsters.

Edge Works: XST Holsters

For me, a thumb break holster makes more sense. Your thumb is naturally driven into the unlocking mechanism on your draw. Since there's other options out there, I'll never use a SERPA.
    Great link! The RTI mounting platform looks very versatile and it appears to work with the Safariland and Blackhawk holsters. I may have to give this a try.

Lead Moderator
    I like and use the Serpa holsters for open carry and sometimes CC (less so unless wearing heavy garments). I have purposely tried to jam the lock both in summer and winter and have been unsuccessful. Sure it's possible , but IMO unlikely. Given if the 5.11 thumb drive was available for my pistols , I would try them as a replacement.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Yes, I like Serpa holsters. I have trained/practiced my draw stroke so that I keep my finger straight, avoiding the problem of getting my finger on the trigger before I'm on target.

Yes, for now. I use it for IDPA but I am looking to get one that has less retention features. I always laugh when someone says they are unsafe because that is just not true. The holster is perfectly safe. It is the operator who is not safe. I have used mine extensively and never had my finger go into the trigger guard when I draw. The SERPA holster naturally causes my finger to fall on the frame - where it should be - when I draw. I use the paddle version and it holds really well on my belt and pants. I think I might modify it and use it for vehicle carry once I get a different type holster for IDPA.
    CIBMike likes this.

Exactly BobbyGLock!

do you like blackhawk serpa holsters?

For CC I think thy are way to big but for range and duty I think they are great. I have a level 2 for the range and a level 3 for work.

-BTO-
    -BTO-

For CC We ALL know there just too big..

Unless ur wearing a Carrhartt..
    then its perfect

Tor
    Have a Serpa I use when shooting on my range behind the house. Also have a Serpa bolted solid inside my truck. Not very good for concealed carry. The AD / ND "issue" I consider a non-issue for trained people. Not a "first buy" holster for a beginner by any means.
    "Adventure Is Just Bad Planning" - Roald Amundsen

Distinguished Member Array CIBMike's Avatar
    I used a level three on duty for several years with no issues .

I have also used them on occasion for IDPA usually for outside matches again with no issues.
    The easy way is always mined.

Administrator
    This is an older thread but, folks viewing should be made aware of the fact that the Blackhawk holsters can be had in a Non-Serpa version.
    AKA with passive and not active retention.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

NO, they are a accident waiting to happen. There are far better and safer alternatives.

I have one, and think it's fine for open carry. I had to laugh over the weekend. Was at a gas station, and there was this guy open carrying inside the station. He was one of those dungeons and dragons gamer types that probably hangs out at renaissance fairs, and plays robin hood. Anyway, he was open carrying a full sized duty weapon with a Blackhawk with the paddle holster attachment, but instead of putting the paddle inside his pants, he had it outside his pants, so the entire rig was just balancing around his belt.

I don't like the Sherpa holsters but I do use the G Code equivalent of it. Takes awhile to get one but the quality is outstanding. The G Code system allows me to transition for a thigh rig to my plate carrier to my belt without needing different holsters. Great system.

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links