Safariland CD-Auto Mag Carrier

This is a discussion on Safariland CD-Auto Mag Carrier within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently bought and new M&P9c and upon my trip to the local range I struck up a convo with the range officer there who ...

Thread: Safariland CD-Auto Mag Carrier

Safariland CD-Auto Mag Carrier

I recently bought and new M&P9c and upon my trip to the local range I struck up a convo with the range officer there who was sporting this super low pro mag carrier OWB on his belt. I got the make and model from him and bought one for my spare M&P mag that day. I just got it in the mail today and I'm amazed how light and low profile it is. I love it. I'd been previously carrying my spare mag in my front left pocket in a Galco Pocket Magazine Carrier which is basically the equivalent to a slim leather pocket holster that a lot of guys carry their subcompacts in. While the Galco PMC works great when I'm wearing shorts, when I wear tighter fitting jeans my mag prints and its uncomfortable. The CD-Auto conceals great with heavier winter clothes on and is much more comfy. I'd highly suggest that anyone in the market for a mag carrier check this little charmer out. Safariland.com ATTACH]67249[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

I have a few of these for 1911 magazines. Great little devices! As you said, light, slim and unobtrusive.

Here's an interesting side note: When I was stationed in Germany back in the mid-eighties, I purchased a S&W Model 25-5 .45 Colt revolver to use in competition. I needed some speed loaders and pouches. Thumbing through a gun magazine, I came across an ad from Safariland that showed the metal-clip speed loader holders, similar to the magazine holder you've pictured. No price listed on the ad and calling them long-distance from Germany was out of the question so, I wrote them a letter ordering three Comp I speed loaders and three holder clips and enclosed a check for around what I thought would be market price and shipping. (I think about $50.00 or thereabouts) at the time. I explained to them my predicament being stationed overseas and needed the stuff within two weeks for the competition. I also told them to please bill me should the products and shipping cost more than what I had enclosed.

About two days prior to the competition match, I get a package at the unit mail room. Three Comp I speed loaders and three clip holders. A hand-printed note said that there was no charge and they didn't even cash the check! It was returned with the merchandise! They also wished me well in the match!

I miss those days of great service on a whole and Safariland has had plenty of business from me ever since.
    Last edited by JWS3745; February 13th, 2013 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JWS3745 View Post

I miss those days of great service on a whole and Safariland has had plenty of business from me ever since.
    Those days aren't all gone? I've had two companies "comp" a holster for me after there was some confusion about the order. PJ Holsters and Double Tap holsters have both been very solid in the customer service department. I also read a recent post about Thies Holsters having amazing service as well. The big question is how did you do at your competition with your handy new speed loader clips?

Quote Originally Posted by indykid View Post
    Those days aren't all gone? I've had two companies "comp" a holster for me after there was some confusion about the order. PJ Holsters and Double Tap holsters have both been very solid in the customer service department. I also read a recent post about Thies Holsters having amazing service as well. The big question is how did you do at your competition with your handy new speed loader clips?
    I'm happy to hear that the good old days are still alive and well in the present. RIA is another company that gets many kudos for customer service too in my book.

As for that day at that competition... I used the brand new S&W 25-5, 6 inch barrel, new belt and new holster. I had fired in a few local IPSC matches in Kentucky and found a local club in Germany. It was made up of American service members and some German citizens; a really great group of people.

Never having fired the 25-5 prior to the match, I went in with less than great expectations. The first round of the first stage of the event, was to knock down 6 bowling pins sitting on a railroad tie at about 8 yards. The timer beeped, I drew, cocked and sighted and "BAM!" the revolver bucked. I ended up hitting the railroad tie, which wobbled and shook every pin off. Best shot I ever made! I forgot that the 25-5 had the wide target trigger. All the other S&W's I'd shot had the narrow combat triggers on them.

Due to the rules being written as they were for that match, the officials ended up giving it to me...but man, did I ever draw glares and stares from the other shooters. I did pretty lousy after that for the rest of the match. I was the only one competing with a revolver that day, too. It's hard to concentrate when you know everyone is giving you the Evil Eye behind your back. Multiple lessons learned. *chuckle*

The speed loaders and clips performed admirably...in fact, much better than I did.

Links