Carry with polo shirt tucked in? - Page 2

Carry with polo shirt tucked in?

This is a discussion on Carry with polo shirt tucked in? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a Glcok 26 this way very often. I fastened a Dale Fricke Zaccheus holster to a belly band for added safety with the ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Carry with polo shirt tucked in?

I carry a Glcok 26 this way very often.

I fastened a Dale Fricke Zaccheus holster to a belly band for added safety with the Glock.

I carry it AIWB tucked in in business casual and church security settings.
    TVJ likes this.

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJClark View Post
    Most of the carry options that I have seen include something that clips to the belt. In the summer, I am in dress pants and a polo shirt that needs to be tucked in. I am looking at buying a S&W shield (9mm).

What would be my best option?
    I am in the same situation at work and it took me awhile to figure out the best solution for me.

I currently carry a S&W 442 in a size small, left hand carry, SmartCarry. Although I am right handed I found the shape of the pocket in the SmartCarry let the grip ride horizontally and it would occassionally print. When I put it in a left hand SmartCarry and it is oriented for a right hand draw, the grip sticks straight up and the whole gun is completely invisible and just as importantly, it is instantly available to either hand and is relatively quick to draw.

I have tried the small auto in SmartCarry and the only ones I found that would conceal well were the tiny ones like the Keltecs. I prefer to have at least a little more gun if you know what I mean. As always YMMV.

Edited to add: This method of carry is far more discreet than one of the tuckable holsters. You never have to pull the shirt away from the gun and "blouse" it and you don't have to worry about your shirt getting caught behind the grip or printing if you have to bend over.

Jim
    Last edited by GentlemanJim; January 27th, 2013 at 05:35 PM.
    Phaedrus likes this.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    When on business, i wear polo and or sport shirts with the obligatory pleated dockers. I carry a commander size 1911 in a smart carry without any issues and I do not feel it prints. I as lo have several tuckable IWB's but with the knit fabric of a polo I feel they print too much to use.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJClark View Post
    Most of the carry options that I have seen include something that clips to the belt. In the summer, I am in dress pants and a polo shirt that needs to be tucked in. I am looking at buying a S&W shield (9mm).

What would be my best option?
    I have a hybrid "crossbreed" style holster that easily allows for tucking in a shift. Most IWB tuckable holsters do.

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

That Smart Carry holster looks like it would be to hard to draw from if you can only use one hand. Not to mention trying to go to the restroom.

I think Glasswolf has the right idea, any decent IWB hybrid, especially w/ "j" hooks or a color matched belt will have you looking pretty subtle. I wear jeans and a tucked in t-shirt and my pistol is very well hidden in my humble opinion.

Respectfully,
    Sam
    Last edited by NewtownSam; January 27th, 2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: content
    Take the long way home...

Polo Shirts is where it's at.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Remora makes a great (IMO) tuckable IWB holster in sizes for most all handguns. I love mind in the warmer months when I wear a polo or golf or dress shirt.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I carry a S&W M&P40c in a Crossbreed Supertuck Deluxe holster. It carries pretty well. I would think with the thinner profile of the M&P Shield it would work even better.

Something someone here mentioned is to "blouse" your shirt over the gun. By giving your shirt some extra space vs. tucking in tight you decrease the chances of printing dramatically.

I used to carry my M&P40c in a pocket holster, and I may still do that from time to time. The Crossbreed system makes it quite nice though. I got the velcro backed belt with the J-hooks for more concealment. The velcro works just fine.

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
    That Smart Carry holster looks like it would be to hard to draw from if you can only use one hand. Not to mention trying to go to the restroom.
    It's not easy to draw one handed but it can be done while using the restroom is really no problem at all. Honestly it's a last ditch holster when the alternatives are being unarmed or the unemployment line.

Edit: There are plenty of video's on YouTube if anyone is interested.

Jim

Desantis sof-tuck works very well. also has an adjustable cant feature.

I watched a couple videos last night on how to make your own belly band. I think I might give this a try especially since in the summer I like to wear basketball shorts.

Try a Stoner Hosters 415 Tuckable. It is good quality and reasonably priced.

Stoner 415 In-The-Waistband with Body Shield [415] - $52.00 : Stoner Holsters, The Right Holster for Your Gun

Crossbreed Supertuck with V Clips.
    Primary CC - Sig P938
    USMC Veteran 87-93

+1 for the remora tuckable

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links