Carry with polo shirt tucked in?

This is a discussion on Carry with polo shirt tucked in? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In talking with a friend last night who just got out of work, I asked him what he would use to carry in that clothing ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Carry with polo shirt tucked in?

In talking with a friend last night who just got out of work, I asked him what he would use to carry in that clothing configuration, mainly because that is what he wears all the time to work. He turned around and said, like this? Turns out he has been carrying with a SuperTuck™ Deluxe for the past few years and I have never noticed it. We are simiar build and he carries a larger gun than my shield, it it should work perfectly.

Needless to say, I am going to get one and all of you have confirmed what he suggested. Thanks again for all your help.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Whenever I have to carry with a tucked in shirt, I use a belly band. Very secure and comfortable, too. I even use it when I work out - sweatpants and t-shirt untucked over it. I bought mine here - http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip...al+Belly+Band/
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Take a look at the Kangaroo Carry. I have carried my firearm in the Air Marshall 2 for the past year. Just got the new Air Marshall 3. Conceales very well and is very comfortable.
    Retired Private Detective
    S&W Model 19 2.5" .357

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Crossbreed makes tuckable holsters, and if you are woried about the clips showing, you can get the velcro clips and they are supposed to not be seen from the outside. If they are looking closly enough to detect you then you may have bigger issues.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Bellyband or pocket carry when shirt is tucked in
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

The Desantis Sof-Tuk tucks very nicely and goes on off easily. Very inexpensive for the quality.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters.
    If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.
    --Alan Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by MJClark View Post
    Most of the carry options that I have seen include something that clips to the belt. In the summer, I am in dress pants and a polo shirt that needs to be tucked in. I am looking at buying a S&W shield (9mm).

What would be my best option?
    The "best option" depends on you, your body type, how you dress and what you carry. I'm 6', 165 lbs, slender build and carry aiwb with thls - Concealed Handgun Holsters: Silent Thunder Kydex and Leather Slim Holster. In Dockers, a three button tucked polo shirt and a Ruger SR9c it looks like I have a huge cancerous bulge at at 2 o'clock. The bulge is smaller w/ my Ruger LC9 but still noticeable. Add a sport jacket though and your good to go.

Since beginning to carry, a tucked shirt has just about become a thing of the past. Luckily I'm at a point in my life that doesn't require "business casual". Now it's t, polo and "hawaiian" style collared shirts, all untucked.

hth

Distinguished Member
    Take a look at Pistol Wear. It isn't a fast draw, but it is very concealable and would work with business casual types of outfits.

I have the Kydex tuckable IWB from PJ Holsters for both my Shield and G26. Works very well in business/casual attire. Your shirt will need to be long enough to tuck securely.

Go on to Youtube & check out the TACTIPAC FUSION IWB holster's video by Anthony the company's owner. I bought one after watching this Demo holster.& it is all that it is advertised to be. for $80.00 bucks & just a 2 weeks wait for it.For my XD40 Service model gun. It is comfortable & no belt needed as he says in the video. I am going to order one for my 1911 gun next. Nice holster.

My EDC is a Shield 9 in a Remora. The best.
    The New Deal divided America into those who work for a living and those who vote for a living. HL Menken

Smart carry works well and keeps the weight off the belt. I carry in a DeSantis Sof-Tuck right now. It works good until I can get my PJ Holster.

Quote Originally Posted by MJClark View Post
    Most of the carry options that I have seen include something that clips to the belt. In the summer, I am in dress pants and a polo shirt that needs to be tucked in. I am looking at buying a S&W shield (9mm).

What would be my best option?
    I carry to work in a tucked polo myself. I use a canvas belt though. I carry in a Crossbreed Supertuck with regular clips, but they make clips that go behind the belt and attach to the belt with velcro. I've used them to carry in a button-up dress shirt and slacks with a leather belt before and it was almost undetectable.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Re: Carry with polo shirt tucked in?

The problem I have when I tuck my shirt over my 27 in my Crossbreed is its pretty thick. I haven't figured out how to hide it without a cover garment.

In God and Glock we Trust

Any IWB hokster than is tuckable...SHTF Gear, foxx, galco, etc
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links