Returning my N82 Pro for something new

This is a discussion on Returning my N82 Pro for something new within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all. Twice now, I've had the misfortune of having my magazine release button pushed on my N82 Pro. It's simply because the nature of ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tke213

Thread: Returning my N82 Pro for something new

Hey all. Twice now, I've had the misfortune of having my magazine release button pushed on my N82 Pro. It's simply because the nature of the holster - the weapon is flush against my (rather boney) hip and it is prone to getting pushed. I love this holster because it's comfortable and well thought out, however, I cannot risk having my magazine just randomly disconnecting. My question is to you, what do you use? Also, has anyone else have this happen? I carry a full sized S&W M+P 9mm.

Best,
    VS

2. Remove Ads

I've been carrying my M&P 9c for months in an n82. No problems ever. :( did ya try moving it?

I've tried moving it from the small of my back to a little more in the center (but not all the way) and it's the same issue. I blame me gaining a little weight (damn college years are finally catching up to me). Moving it more towards the hip is almost pointless with my height/weight dimensions. It's just too damn visible that way, even with a compact.

Sad to hear

n82 is the best holster that I have found!
    00z28 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tke213 View Post
    n82 is the best holster that I have found!
    X2. I have had zero issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsor
    3 years ago I couldn't find a comfortable holster that didn't push my extended mag release on my Glock 32 (so I made one, my first holster). Each SHTF Gear holster has a proper leather cut to give proper clearance for mag releases.

S&W M&P 9mm/40S&W full size ACE-1 Holster

feature-small.jpg

Here is an example, notice how the mag release is not backed by leather.

XDm-gun-back-1500.jpg

Thanks!
    Clay

I was going to start a thread on just this. I have the Ruger LC9 and love the holster and the gun for EDC. I have the exact same problem going on. I am 5'9" and 185. Not real big but I do have the "spare tire" there. I carry more on my side then back so maybe that is the issue. I say EDC but I have only started carrying this week. Got the gun back in November and have been shooting it and getting used to it before I started to carry all the time.

Other than trying more towards my back any other ideas? I don't want to switch to a different holster because the N82 is very comfortable.

Links