remora?

remora?

This is a discussion on remora? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; is the remora holster tuckable and if so how ell does it work when shirt is tucked in over it. i wear a t shirt ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By true grit

Thread: remora?

remora?

is the remora holster tuckable and if so how ell does it work when shirt is tucked in over it. i wear a t shirt undershirt and i plan to put it outside of that but then tuck my outer shirt over it. any feedback appreciated

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by turfgun View Post
    is the remora holster tuckable and if so how ell does it work when shirt is tucked in over it. i wear a t shirt undershirt and i plan to put it outside of that but then tuck my outer shirt over it. any feedback appreciated
    If I understand what you are saying, your outer shirt will be tucked in over the Remora, which will be under the tucked in outer shirt. Just wanted to state what I believe you are saying; the Remora is not "fastened" to anything like a belt etal and if you have to untuck an outer shirt you are probably going to "untuck" your Remora, as well. Not a good idea. IMHO, the Remora must be "unconstrained" from an outer garment but, obviously, must be constrained within the pants, shorts or whatever in order for the "sticky" to do its job. I would just ask Remora for confirmation but from what I get out of your thread, I do not think your intentions or question are correct.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    You can wear it that way, but I wouldn't vouch for it's effectiveness. The inner shirt is not really intended, as it's a 'sticky' holster, but the tug and pull of the outer shirt will work at it.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

They make a tuckable version. I do not recommend tucking the original Remora, but you can its just hard to pull out the shirt tale. They are great holsters and have one for each of my carry guns.
    RichB70, bigmacque and mano3 like this.
    Laus Deo

Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will have neither.
    You alone are responsible for your defense.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by true grit View Post
    They make a tuckable version. I do not recommend tucking the original Remora, but you can its just hard to pull out the shirt tale. They are great holsters and have one for each of my carry guns.
    Not sure what you mean by a "tuckable version". The Remora is not attached to any clothes and relies on it "stickiness" to work effectively. When you place an outer shirt in a position that does not interfere with the basic holster stickiness to the body or to the undershirt it will interfere, however, with the position of the holster has you pull and tug the outer shirt out from under the pants--this outer shirt is also incurring the holster stickiness due to its placement against the holster and it can cause you to yank the whole holster out of its position if the tug and pull is sufficient, regardless of its sticky position on your body or on your undershirt. Hope this sounds right. Check with Remora on this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Not sure what you mean by a "tuckable version".
    If you have access to an electronic device to post on the forum, you have access to go to Remora's website. Do a simple search on their site and you will find a photo, discussion and video on the tuckable version of the Remora holster. No imagination required about how things work as they show via photos and videos how the thing works.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

While my reinforced-top Remora works quite well for IWB, the Remora dealer mentioned that even he wasn't too impressed with the design of the tuckable version. IMHO, the same sticky characteristics that make a Remora so effective at IWB carry could possibly be a liability when trying to pull your shirt-tail out past it. But I HAVE NOT personally tried their tuckable, so my opinion is only...a guess.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I have the tuckable that I use for my lc9. It works fine. But I don't like it near as much as I do the original.

what part do you not like about the tuckable as compared to the original?

any one else have the tuckable version? thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Not sure what you mean by a "tuckable version". The Remora is not attached to any clothes and relies on it "stickiness" to work effectively. When you place an outer shirt in a position that does not interfere with the basic holster stickiness to the body or to the undershirt it will interfere, however, with the position of the holster has you pull and tug the outer shirt out from under the pants--this outer shirt is also incurring the holster stickiness due to its placement against the holster and it can cause you to yank the whole holster out of its position if the tug and pull is sufficient, regardless of its sticky position on your body or on your undershirt. Hope this sounds right. Check with Remora on this.

Remora Tuckable Holster Modification

I still prefer the original with full sweat sheild which gives extra friction to avoid holster movement.
    Laus Deo

Those who are willing to trade freedom for security will have neither.
    You alone are responsible for your defense.

Links