Revolver Extra Ammo Carriers.... - Page 3

Revolver Extra Ammo Carriers....

This is a discussion on Revolver Extra Ammo Carriers.... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Speed strips when I carry my Model 60...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Revolver Extra Ammo Carriers....

Speed strips when I carry my Model 60
    NRA Endowment Life Member

Proud Son of a former Tomb Guard

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Speedloaders when I have my wheelgun as my main gun.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

One speed strip in my pocket and a 2x2x2 pouch on my belt. I keep a couple of HKS speed loaders in my backpack, they're too bulky for the pocket.

I have both speed loaders and speed strips.
    Speed strips go with me when I carry my SP101...they hide comfortably in a pocket.
    My speed loaders go to the range with me...too bulky for normal carry.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Spare Ammunition Carry Methods

Revolver: S&W 442 Pro Moon Clip
    Holster: Lobo Model 1 Pancake w/Optional Inner Hammer Shield at 4 O'Clock
    Loading Device 1: TK J Frame 38 Moon Clips (Factory Clips)
    Carrier 1: California Competition Works SAM for 5 shot J Frame Either 1 or 2 infront of the holster on the belt.
    Loading Device 2: Tuff Products Quick Strips. Normally for Summer Carry ONLY with a couple or three Shotshells, and some lead plinking ammo. Carried in the pocket, OR a Tuff Products Nylon Belt Carrier, OR a Bianchi #22 Leather Belt Pouch.
    Loading Device 3: Safariland Comp I Speed Loader Pocket carried.
    Loading Device 4: J Frame Jet Loader carried in a Kydex Carrier I make myself. Great for BUG Match Reloads. Also a good choice with loose cover garments. The J Jet Loader is the fastest reloading device for J Frame 38 Specials and the SP101.

Revolver: S&W 442 Pro Moon Clip JACKET POCKET CARRY
    Holster: Tuff Products Roo JR, Desanties Nemisis
    Loading Device 1: Moon Clips Carried in a jacket pocket
    Loading Device 2: 7 Shot Quick Strips carried in a inner custom built pocket vertical with the Tab accessable. Loaded with only 5 rounds.
    Loading Device 3: J Frame Jet Loader Pocket Carried

Revolver: S&W 66-2 w/3" Barrel OR S&W 315 Night Guard OR S&W 15 Snub
    Holster: Lobo Enhanced Pancake with optional Inner Hammer Shield at 4 O'Clock
    Loading Device 1: Safariland Comp II
    Carrier 1: Safariland CD-2 Carrier. Either 1 or 2 carried on the belt infront of the holster.
    Loading Device 2: Tuff Products Quick Strips. Normally for Summer Carry ONLY with a couple or three Shotshells, and some lead plinking ammo. Carried in the pocket, OR a Tuff Products Nylon Belt Carrier, OR a Bianchi #22 Leather Belt Pouch.
    Loading Device 3: Safariland Comp III Speed Loader carried in a Kydex Carrier I make myself. Great for competition reloads. Also the fastest reload when wearing a loose cover garment

Revolver: S&W 310 Night Guard OR S&W 625-3 w/3" Barrel
    Holster: Lobo Enhanced Pancake with Optional Inner Hammer Shield
    Reloading Device: Moon Clips
    Carrier: California Competition Works SAM Moon Clip Carrier either 1 or 2 carried infront of the holster on the belt.

Revolver: Ruger LCR 22
    Holster: Lobo Enhanced Pancake
    Loading Device: Tuff Products Model 1022 Quick Strip. This is a 10 shot strip. I load it with only 7 rounds in pairs, leaving a shell out between pairs for cylinder clearance. You can load 2 rounds at a time with the quick strip loaded in this manner.
    Carrier: Tuff Products Nylon Belt Pouch carries 2.
    NOTE: For BUG Matches I carry 2 Speed Beez Speed Loaders in a custom Kydex Belt Carrier.

I carry several revolvers in my rotation. The 442 and LCR 22 are the only ones Pocket Carried. I normally carry everything at 4 O'Clock Strong Side on the belt with either 1 or 2 reloads on the belt infront of the holster. I carry a 38 speed strip or 2 in addition to my regular loading device in the Summer with shotshells for snakes.

This is the system that has worked out best for me.

EDIT NOTE: I do not carry all the above loading devices at the same time. I swap around between them depending on clothing I am wearing, where I am going, If snakes are out, etc. I thought I had better clarify this.
    Bob
    Last edited by BobR1; February 21st, 2013 at 11:20 PM.
    JD and sensei2 like this.

Carry either SP101 2.4 with 38+ps tuff strips Milt sparks summer special, S&W mod 60 ported 357 carry tuff strip Kent Hayes OWB, 642 38sp tuff strip pocket carry

Quote Originally Posted by BobR1 View Post
    Revolver: S&W 442 Pro Moon Clip
    Holster: Lobo Model 1 Pancake w/Optional Inner Hammer Shield at 4 O'Clock
    Loading Device 1: TK J Frame 38 Moon Clips (Factory Clips)
    Carrier 1: California Competition Works SAM for 5 shot J Frame Either 1 or 2 infront of the holster on the belt.
    Loading Device 3: Safariland Comp I Speed Loader Pocket carried.
    Loading Device 4: J Frame Jet Loader carried in a Kydex Carrier I make myself. Great for BUG Match Reloads. Also a good choice with loose cover garments. The J Jet Loader is the fastest reloading device for J Frame 38 Specials and the SP101.

Revolver: S&W 442 Pro Moon Clip JACKET POCKET CARRY
    Holster: Tuff Products Roo JR, Desanties Nemisis
    Loading Device 1: Moon Clips Carried in a jacket pocket
    Loading Device 2: 7 Shot Quick Strips carried in a inner custom built pocket vertical with the Tab accessable. Loaded with only 5 rounds.
    Loading Device 3: J Frame Jet Loader Pocket Carried

Revolver: S&W 66-2 w/3" Barrel OR S&W 315 Night Guard OR S&W 15 Snub
    Holster: Lobo Enhanced Pancake with optional Inner Hammer Shield at 4 O'Clock
    Loading Device 1: Safariland Comp II
    Carrier 1: Safariland CD-2 Carrier. Either 1 or 2 carried on the belt infront of the holster.
    Loading Device 3: Safariland Comp III Speed Loader carried in a Kydex Carrier I make myself. Great for competition reloads. Also the fastest reload when wearing a loose cover garment

Revolver: S&W 310 Night Guard OR S&W 625-3 w/3" Barrel
    Holster: Lobo Enhanced Pancake with Optional Inner Hammer Shield
    Reloading Device: Moon Clips
    Carrier: California Competition Works SAM Moon Clip Carrier either 1 or 2 carried infront of the holster on the belt.

Revolver: Ruger LCR 22
    Holster: Lobo Enhanced Pancake
    Loading Device: Tuff Products Model 1022 Quick Strip. This is a 10 shot strip. I load it with only 7 rounds in pairs, leaving a shell out between pairs for cylinder clearance. You can load 2 rounds at a time with the quick strip loaded in this manner.
    Carrier: Tuff Products Nylon Belt Pouch carries 2.
    NOTE: For BUG Matches I carry 2 Speed Beez Speed Loaders in a custom Kydex Belt Carrier.

I carry several revolvers in my rotation. The 442 and LCR 22 are the only ones Pocket Carried. I normally carry everything at 4 O'Clock Strong Side on the belt with either 1 or 2 reloads on the belt infront of the holster. I carry a 38 speed strip or 2 in addition to my regular loading device in the Summer with shotshells for snakes.

This is the system that has worked out best for me.

Bob
    You're my hero Bob....Seriously......Sandpiper (JP)

HKS speedloaders for my Colt Detective (6 shot) one in left and one in right pocket of jacket, Dade Speedloaders for my Colt Python in a twin pack on the left side just under and in front of the shoulder holster tie down strap.
    Snub44 likes this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

I use a hk speed loader and tuff speed strips if I wear a jacket ill carry speed loader in front left pocket with my revolver in my right pocket I carry two or three speed strips in my front left pants pocket I were straight leg pants and every one would see the bulk of the rounds not skin tight but speed loaders are too bulky speed strips work fine love tuff speed strips
    Spring field 1911a1, glock 27, tuarus pt111, colt police revolver 38spl, NAA mini, charter arms undercover .38 spl

Speedstrips
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links