Anyone have any thoughts on Forbus Paddle Holster for 9mm??

This is a discussion on Anyone have any thoughts on Forbus Paddle Holster for 9mm?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Burns I've read a lot of different reviews on different Fobus paddle holsters, some great, some terrible. I picked up a Fobus ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Anyone have any thoughts on Forbus Paddle Holster for 9mm??

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burns View Post
    I've read a lot of different reviews on different Fobus paddle holsters, some great, some terrible. I picked up a Fobus paddle holster for my .380 LCP, it is the best holster I've ever used. I think it all depends on which model it is, just like all companies, they make some good products and some bad products. Look at the reviews on the specific holster, not Fobus in general. If you are looking for OWB paddles take a look at Blackhawk Serpas too, they are more expensive, but are supposed to be very good.
    Yes,,,,,I also have the Forbus for the LCP and I have no problem with it and it does have a retention screw..I did see some good and bad UTUBE reviews of Forbus but they did not specify any specific model....as here some think they are junk, other think they are ok.....But yes I will check the Blackhawk and see if they have a model for the Ruger LC9.
    Thanks..................
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Blackhawk does not support the Ruger LC9...having trouble finding paddle holster for this gun model.......
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

I have one for a Glock 19 that I like a lot and one for a CZ that I don't like at all (doesn't fit properly). I use the one for the Glock around the house. I have also used it at 4-5 pistol classes with absolutely no issues.

For IWB, I use a Blade Tech Nano.

Blade tech makes a paddle holster for the Ruger LC9....

Paddle Holster :: OWB Belt Holsters :: Blade-Tech Industries

I started with a Fobus paddle holster and quickly found out that it is a bare minimum holster. I switched to a Safariland 5188 and have never looked back. They cost less than $10 more and are a much higher quality holster.
    Conservative, Gun-Toting, Backwoods, College Educated, Hetrosexual, Male
    Any Questions?

I have one of their paddle holsters. I could get the draw right 80% of the time. Plus I could never get the retention set just right. For the range its fine but for EDC I would look elsewhere.

I have one for my Glock G36 and like it. I carry IWB most of the time (Garrett Silent Thunder) but for OWB The Fobus paddle (regular, not the roto version) works great. It actually sits tight against the body and is easily concealable, retains well and is easy to draw from. No complaints.
    “The goal of modern propaganda is no longer to transform opinion but to arouse an active and mythical belief”- Jacques Ellul

“Think of the press as a great keyboard on which the government can play.”- Joseph Goebbels

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links