Anyone have any thoughts on Forbus Paddle Holster for 9mm??

This is a discussion on Anyone have any thoughts on Forbus Paddle Holster for 9mm?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Price is unreal (23.95) but just wondering if it's worth having or not....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Anyone have any thoughts on Forbus Paddle Holster for 9mm??

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

Anyone have any thoughts on Forbus Paddle Holster for 9mm??

Price is unreal (23.95) but just wondering if it's worth having or not.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

2. Remove Ads

I've only bought one Fobus, on a whim, and it's now in my holster graveyard. I will never make that mistake again. If you (or anyone else) want(s) an IWB Fobus for a G19, it's yours for the shipping.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Administrator
    Junk. Maybe OK for temporary range use, but its still junk.
    shooterX likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Price is unreal (23.95) but just wondering if it's worth having or not.
    Short answer, doubt it. What are you going to be doing with this holster? Just wearing it around your house or everyday use?
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

DAD GUMMIT Sixto! Pipe down! Now I can't even give the thing away!
    Hopyard likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    Short answer, doubt it. What are you going to be doing with this holster? Just wearing it around your house or everyday use?
    Everyday carry for owb to alternate with my Mitch Rosen leather OWB..(belt slide)....
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I have one for the G27 and I got it for a song(5.00) just to wear around the house and yard.But......Its so damn hard to pull the gun out of it that I put it in the top drawer.Spent too much on my sites to hit them that hard on the draw

Ditto - junk and for house and yard use.

Goodness of fit is highly variable.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I like them. I have one that has been in service for many years.

I like them because they are handy. At the end of my shift, I leave my gun belt and all it's attachments in my locker, and put my weapon in the Fobus paddle to carry home. In that way I am armed on the way home without wearing all that crap. It slips off easy and I can place it in the glovebox or seat and quickly put it on if I need to get gas or other errand while allowing me to sit in comfort for the drive.

They will never replace a good quality leather holster, but for the niche it fills, I will always have one.
    paching and Hopyard like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I have one too and have been happy with it. I don't wear it much now though, but still have it.

Be safe!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I got one as a free throw in deal on an order from LA Police Gear. Worth what I paid for it, if you get my drift.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Not good for open carry. No retention system. Kinda sticks out from the body too much like a serpa does for CC. Hmmm so not too much good for anything.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

I've got one, for the price you can't go wrong.. beats carrying gansta style!
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

My first holster was a Fobus, I used it only long enough to get a another holster. The Fobus now reside as the charter member of my holster junk drawer. For the same price you can get a Remora, which you will always use because it is so convenient, even if you end up with a more expensive leather/kydex holster
    guitarzNgunz likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    I've read a lot of different reviews on different Fobus paddle holsters, some great, some terrible. I picked up a Fobus paddle holster for my .380 LCP, it is the best holster I've ever used. I think it all depends on which model it is, just like all companies, they make some good products and some bad products. Look at the reviews on the specific holster, not Fobus in general. If you are looking for OWB paddles take a look at Blackhawk Serpas too, they are more expensive, but are supposed to be very good.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links