Owb carry

Owb carry

This is a discussion on Owb carry within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok guys and gals I need a little info. Ive cc a long time since it was legal to in Ky. But ive always either ...

Thread: Owb carry

Question Owb carry

Ok guys and gals I need a little info. Ive cc a long time since it was legal to in Ky. But ive always either been IWB or shoulder rig. I once tried a OWB holster that was given to me. A Yaqui Slide I think it was called but it didnt work very well unless i was wearing a long coat.

Ive always carried for the most part medium frame pistols or revolvers with 4 inch barrels with the exception of two carrys i had and i carried them either in a vest pocket or iwb.

Never having done OWB other than that once that didnt work very well Im in a bit of quandry.

Ill be purchasing a Ruger LCR in the next week or so in 357 mag. I can go IWB or pocket with it if pocket is all thats possible which is seldom.
    I see a lot go to OWB holsters and like them so Im thinking of giving it another try with the LCR.

I ride a motorcycle 80 percent of the time year round. So my coats and jackets are all shortish leather or textile topped most of the time with a leather vest. In summer its normally a t shirt tucked in and the vest which is large enough to go over my leather etc jackets and as long maybe a tad longer.

Question so I have a starting point. Is there a decently priced OWB holster anyone would recommend that rides high and tight enough for what I just described wearing that would conceal this little revolver when im in arms out front bike riding position??? Peferably not one I need to refinance the house to buy. Thanks in advance
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

LOL apparently over two hours and 3o views with no replies OTW carry isnt as popular as I thought LOL.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

I have tried a bunch, and have settled on the DeSantis Speed Scabbard for all of my needs. Have one for each of my pistols, except pocket guns. It holds it tight to the body, and doesn't have any thumbreaks or snaps to inhibit the draw.

I ride as well Ghost, and this works well for me, under a jacket, or a tee shirt, with another shirt tucked in. My vest will cover it too, when I'm wearing that.

Be safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    I have tried a bunch, and have settled on the DeSantis Speed Scabbard for all of my needs. Have one for each of my pistols, except pocket guns. It holds it tight to the body, and doesn't have any thumbreaks or snaps to inhibit the draw.

I ride as well Ghost, and this works well for me, under a jacket, or a tee shirt, with another shirt tucked in. My vest will cover it too, when I'm wearing that

Be safe.

Thanks much Ill look into that one.

You will never go wrong with Milt sparks leather just a pain to wait for. I use a Kent Hayes from Hayes Leather Just beautiful work of art but comes with a 250.00 tag worth every penny tho

FIST fan

Fist Holsters The FIST K2 High Ride will fit your bill. Rides high and close. Less bulge than many IWB holsters. FIST has other styles and options to look at also.

Links