CCW'ing...an FNP45 Tactical?

This is a discussion on CCW'ing...an FNP45 Tactical? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Have I finally taken leave of my senses? I'm considering picking up a Garrett holster for my FNP45 Tactical! For those of you that haven't ...

Thread: CCW'ing...an FNP45 Tactical?

CCW'ing...an FNP45 Tactical?

Have I finally taken leave of my senses? I'm considering picking up a Garrett holster for my FNP45 Tactical! For those of you that haven't seen one it's a large .45 ACP with a 15 round double stack magazine. A good sized chunk of plastic and steel. Does anyone here CCW this gun, or a similarly sized one, on a regular basis? FWIW, I'm in SD and it's -4 F right now; I could conceal a pump shotgun under the clothes we're wearing this time of year! A little trickier in the summer, though.

2. Remove Ads

I am a big fan of full sized pistols for carry. My normal day-to-day is a g17 from TSD, meaning the slide is milled for and has an RMR mounted, as well as suppressor sights. I'm in Fl (not cold, evah!) Tshirt and jeans type guy.
    If that (FN) is the pistol you want to carry, carry it. I've never heard anyone who drew their pistol/revolver in defense of life or limb say they wished they had their smaller, lighter handgun instead.

dan

RKM
    Who care about us or if we can conceal it. What matters is, can you conceal it? If you can, carry as big of a gun as you comfortably can. For me, that's mid-sized guns. I've concealed a full sized 1911 as well as a full sized HK USP .45 on a few occasions. It's doable. But it's all about you.

I like my G19. Perfect size, 16 rounds of 9mm.

NMB
    Carry the gun that you shoot the best and are willing to always have on you!
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Links