Foxx Holsters Hybrid IWB review.

This is a discussion on Foxx Holsters Hybrid IWB review. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am not a professional reviewer. I do not have a connection to Foxx holsters. I have not been compensated for my review. I am ...

Thread: Foxx Holsters Hybrid IWB review.

Foxx Holsters Hybrid IWB review.

I am not a professional reviewer. I do not have a connection to Foxx holsters. I have not been compensated for my review. I am an average joe who appreciates great quality at a great price.

I ordered a Foxx Holsters Hybrid IWB and thought I would review it for everyone. This holster cost $39.99 plus 6 bucks for the upgraded clips for a total of 45 dollars. There is no shipping charge either !
    I ordered mine from Foxx Holsters, at foxxholsters.com, and I am very impressed so far. Overall the construction is very solid. The leather is soft on the inside with a nice smooth finished front. I ordered mine in black, and the dye is even and deep with great color. I have been wearing white undershirts have had no bleed through from the leather. The kydex in on the heavier side but is molded well with attention to detail and a sight trough for larger sights. I ordered mine with kydex low profile clips for a more secure draw. The clips hug my belt snugly but make for an easy on and off when necessary.

The mounting hardware is well made, with no protrusions to poke or stab. All metal fittings are backed with a flat surface for easy and comfortable wear. Rubber grommets beneath the screw heads help secure the mounting screws for the hooks. One issue I did note was the screws did loosen some. This is noted on the enclosed packaging and locktite is recommended to secure the screws after a desired fir is achieved. Also a great feature, this holster is tuckable for those who wear business attire.

Adjust-ability is a big feature of hybrid holsters and this one does not disappoint. There are 5 adjustment holes for each hook, allowing for 10 possible means of adjustment in regards to cant and carry depth. Concerning depth, you can have a true High ride carry, all the way to a full deep concealment , and everything in between. I found I preferred a slightly higher ride with an aggressive forward cant due to the smaller size of my Kahr CM9.

I have been wearing this holster for 2 days now and have even slept in it ( I fell asleep on the couch ! ). Sitting on the couch I forget that it is there. Driving is not terrible either, but I am a bigger guy and it requires a mild shift to be comfortable. I carry in a 4-5 oclock position, so anything presses into my back when driving. With that said, it was by no means the worst holster I have ever worn. Even though it pressed some, it still rode well and stayed put. I am a photographer and wore it on a shoot this afternoon and it was like a part of me. No printing, no slipping, no problems. One hand reholstering is fairly simple, but will take some practice if you carry a small weapon like my kahr to prevent flagging your thigh.

Wearing this holster out and about was a pleasure. Groceries, running errands, lunch, dinner, and so much more it went with me. Not once did I have a problem with it slipping or coming out of place. Even better, the holster did not require me to cinch my belt super tight to secure my weapon. The fit of the kydex when worn belted was very snug, but did not impede weapon draw. Some may prefer a tighter fit. If so, you can carefully heat the kydex in key areas and snug up the fit. There are videos on you tube by foxx holsters instructing how to do this.

The only issue I have had in two days ended up being an issue with my Kahr. I had a very sharp point on the edge of the ejection port that, when my weapon was drawn, shoveled its way through the kydex removing material. This was remedied with some croakers cloth, finishing paper and some very careful filing.

In short, while still breaking it in, I think this holster is a great buy for $39.99. It offers all of the features of the higher end crossbreeds, white hats, etc, at half the price. While it may not be for everyone, Foxx holsters def deserves a look. Great craftsmanship, great value, great customer service. I may very well have found my new ccw holster. Hope this review helps ya'll out a little. Lots of choices, but I dont think you can go wrong with Foxx holsters.

2. Remove Ads

Nice review. I've been considering the Little Foxx hybrid. The 2 sets of 5 holes would offer 25 combinations though wouldn't it?
    “Owning a handgun doesn’t make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” Jeff Cooper

http://carniakcustom.com/

Nice review, I just wish they made OWB. Not for myself but for a friend. I have the Crossbreed Supertuck and I'm happy with that and my Remora, but my friend wants to conceal OWB I have a thread started about it here... What's a good budget OWB holster?

Thanks for the review. I've been considering a Little Foxx, well until I saw their Violet Python hybrid...even though no one sees your holster, I do like their pink ones :D

I am def a fan of the foxx holsters. Performance vs price so far is bar no the best I have found. I wore it to dinner this evening in slacks and a dress shirt tucked and didnt have a single issue. Im not one for single clip holsters but a friend has ordered a little fox for his cm9 so I may steal it fdor a week and do a review if he will let me.

@ Munch.... I do believe you are correct. If it wasnt for fingers and toes Im not sure I could count past 20 sometimes lol.

The FoxX hybrid is a great value. I opted for the low-profile kydex clips since they fit better over my thicker belts.

I just picked up my little fox this week its fantastic

Sponsor
    Glad you had a good experience with another all-American holster company!

I was looking at these a little while ago. Great review. Are they in stock and shipping quickly?

I had mine in about a week. Crossbreed is on a 6-8 week lead time right now.

Anybody using the Foxx Trapp?
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

Links