gun belt with gunfighter stitch ?

This is a discussion on gun belt with gunfighter stitch ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a good gunbelt in tan color with the gunfighter stitch for around $50.00.Money is tight.Am I asking for the impossible? thanks. sj...

Thread: gun belt with gunfighter stitch ?

gun belt with gunfighter stitch ?

I'm looking for a good gunbelt in tan color with the gunfighter stitch for around $50.00.Money is tight.Am I asking for the impossible? thanks. sj

2. Remove Ads

Google is your friend...
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Bianchi makes a belt like this...

Quote Originally Posted by sjones View Post
    I'm looking for a good gunbelt in tan color with the gunfighter stitch for around $50.00.Money is tight.Am I asking for the impossible?
    I believe by "Gunfighter stitch" you mean the distinctive curving pattern such as used by Clint Eastwood on the gunbelt he wore in "A Fistful of Dollars" and some other spaghetti westerns?

I have a belt with this pattern that I bought from the Bianchi company, for about $50. Here is a shot of the belt on their website:

Bianchi gunbelt with "Gunfighter" stitch pattern

Administrator
    Nice Cowboy Rig pogo2.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Very nice holster rig.

-Biker

The sixgun and holster

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Nice Cowboy Rig pogo2.
    I only wish I owned it, because it is very nice. I found the picture on the web when doing a search on "gunfighter stitch". The description said that it was an imitation of the holster, belt and gun used by Clint Eastwood in several of his movies. Notice the snake emblem on the grip of the sixgun.

I have seen the actual poncho that Eastwood wore in those movies - remember how he would always throw the right side of the poncho over his shoulder when he was getting ready for a gunfight, to expose the holster? The poncho was in a glass fronted frame on the wall in the "Hog's Breath" saloon in Monterey, California. Eastwood owned this establishment, and it was decorated with his movie memorabilia. Eastwood lived in Monterey, and was mayor there for several years.

Thats the kind of stitch I was talking about but only in 1 1/2"width,not in a western style.sj

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    I only wish I owned it, because it is very nice. I found the picture on the web when doing a search on "gunfighter stitch". The description said that it was an imitation of the holster, belt and gun used by Clint Eastwood in several of his movies. Notice the snake emblem on the grip of the sixgun.

I have seen the actual poncho that Eastwood wore in those movies - remember how he would always throw the right side of the poncho over his shoulder when he was getting ready for a gunfight, to expose the holster? The poncho was in a glass fronted frame on the wall in the "Hog's Breath" saloon in Monterey, California. Eastwood owned this establishment, and it was decorated with his movie memorabilia. Eastwood lived in Monterey, and was mayor there for several years.
    Slight correction. The Hog's Breath Inn is in Carmel, CA and Clint was Mayor of Carmel 1986-1988. Carmel is in Monterey County and is South of the city of Monterey.

I may have the distinction of being the only person to have two cameras broken by Clint Eastwood. In 1973 I got tickets to the Pro/Am golf tournament that Clint sponsored each year. There were quite a few actors and golf professionals present. I got photos of a number of them. Clint was in the final group. I took a picture of him talking with one camera and then used the other to zoom in on him as he prepared to tee off. When I pulled the first camera back up to take another photo the shutter release was locked and would not go down nor could I advance the film. I then pulled the second camera back up to use it and the film advance lever that also activated the light meter would swing freely without turning on the meter or advancing the film. The photos I took turned out well, but about half the film was wasted and I had to get both cameras fixed. I've had many people tell me not to take their picture because it would break the camera, but this is the only time I ever had taking a photo of someone actually break the camera.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Yes, it was Carmel

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post
    Slight correction. The Hog's Breath Inn is in Carmel, CA and Clint was Mayor of Carmel 1986-1988. Carmel is in Monterey County and is South of the city of Monterey.
    You're exactly right - it was Carmel. For some reason I got it confused with Monterey, which is a short distance north.

Found what I was looking for at desantis and ordered one,I hope it will make a good gunbelt. sj

Quote Originally Posted by dr_cmg View Post

I may have the distinction of being the only person to have two cameras broken by Clint Eastwood. In 1973 I got tickets to the Pro/Am golf tournament that Clint sponsored each year. There were quite a few actors and golf professionals present. I got photos of a number of them. Clint was in the final group. I took a picture of him talking with one camera and then used the other to zoom in on him as he prepared to tee off. When I pulled the first camera back up to take another photo the shutter release was locked and would not go down nor could I advance the film. I then pulled the second camera back up to use it and the film advance lever that also activated the light meter would swing freely without turning on the meter or advancing the film. The photos I took turned out well, but about half the film was wasted and I had to get both cameras fixed. I've had many people tell me not to take their picture because it would break the camera, but this is the only time I ever had taking a photo of someone actually break the camera.
    And I thought Sean Penn was the only celebrity who broke cameras...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentX View Post
    And I thought Sean Penn was the only celebrity who broke cameras...
    Yeah, but Sean has to get his hands on them, Clint just gave mine the eye!
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Links