Sticky LG-6 Short Review

This is a discussion on Sticky LG-6 Short Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As promised i'm going to show you some pictures and a review of my new Sticky holster.... When looking at the sizing for a new ...

Thread: Sticky LG-6 Short Review

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar

Thumbs up Sticky LG-6 Short Review

As promised i'm going to show you some pictures and a review of my new Sticky holster....

When looking at the sizing for a new Sticky, one of the first questions you may have is what is the difference between "short" and "long?"

Here's an email i received from Sticky about the difference and which one would be best for my needs:

"The LG6-L will give you more coverage to the rear sight area, this will be more comfortable should you be wearing this forward of the hips. If you are wearing rear of the hips the LG6-S will be a more low profile fit."

So there you have it. Since i'm normally hip/rear of the hip guy, and like to have as much grip as possible at my disposal, the S was the clear choice for me...

Now, lets get right to it and take a look at some pictures showcasing the LG6-S' look and function:

A close up of the texture:

Grip profile/stitching:

Some open IWB shots:

Concealed w/tight fit tee:

Concealed w/loose longsleeve:

Full view:

The verdict. Very comfortable, very "sticky."

Responds well to cant changes and almost any source of compression will do in getting a reliable draw. Even something like sticking between your bed mattresses works very well.

I would always recommend removing the holster when possible to re-holster your weapon. This is not a reinforced top type holster.

Printing? You can see in the tight fitting tee shot that there is a bit. I am a fairly skinny dude and this is a full size pistol. I wouldn't usually leave the house carrying and wearing only a tight fitting t-shirt.

And pictures can be deceiving. So i tried to get the best and fairest shots i could to show in this thread.

Thanks for reading, leave any questions and stay safe!!!

2. Remove Ads

Holy crap. 70 guests

This may be one of my next purchases.

i have had one for about a month now, it's now my preferred holster.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ_mp40c View Post
    This may be one of my next purchases.
    You probably won't be disappointed... Don't worry about it sliding in the waistband... Heck sometimes when i try to remove it from IWB even when the gun is out im having to fight it to get it free.

Quote Originally Posted by p51drb View Post
    i have had one for about a month now, it's now my preferred holster.
    I'm loving mine so far. I ordered a cheap Desantis dual carry mainly for the OWB option for plinking around the yard... While it does exactly what i wanted for easy OWB access around the yard.. The IWB part of it just pure torture compared to the Sticky.

I bought a Sticky for my M&P40c. It does conceal very easily since there is no extra bulk. It also stays right where you put it.

Links