Squeeky IWB Holster?

Squeeky IWB Holster?

This is a discussion on Squeeky IWB Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry a G23 in a CrossBreed Supertuck holster and have noticed that it squeaks or makes "leathery" noises when I walk... Not sure why ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Squeeky IWB Holster?

Squeeky IWB Holster?

I carry a G23 in a CrossBreed Supertuck holster and have noticed that it squeaks or makes "leathery" noises when I walk... Not sure why or if anyone has had this issue and has a way to fix this. I have treated (softened) the leather twice, most recent about a month and a half ago.
    Hope someone can help!

I take that it's new? Horsehide (if that's what it is) is a tougher hide and will take some time. Give it a few weeks and it will go away on its own.

GeorgiaCarry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org Life Member
    Defender of the 2nd Amendment
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Squeeky IWB Holster?

I have the same issue with my Crossbreed, and it is indeed the horsehide leather SuperTuck Shorty. I hope it will go away over time as GeorgiaCarry has stated above. I've only had mine for a couple weeks now.

Mine is horsehide as well, I have had it for a few months now... Perhaps it just needs to work itself out.

This was in the email from Theis when I bought their IWB holster. Maybe one of his suggestions will help;

New leather will squeak until it gets broke in good, but don't worry it will totally stop! you can put a little baby or talcum powder on it around the clip area and where the kydex meets the leather from time to time to help stop the squeaking. You can also use any commercial leather conditioner. Apply liberally to the front side only. One of my customers said he stuck a small piece of moleskin on the back of the clips and his never squeaked. You can also Google "holster squeak" or "leather squeak"and find some other remedies there also.
    Bunkin and NewtownSam like this.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

I experienced the same problem with the same holster. I tried all the remedies without any luck. I finally resolved the problem by ditching the Crossbreed for a MTAC Minotaur. OMO YMMV
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

...spray dry lube will also work...Elmers' is good

I put rubber washers on mine which took away 80% of the squeak, the rest I got rid of by putting about 3 layers of elec tape on the back of the clips. It has more traction when it rubs the leather. The last thing I would do is use powder on a leather holster. You can use Mink Oil to moisturize and speed up break in, but drying it out with powder is nuts. Quick fix but not smart.

VIP Member
    there is a huge thread on this. I will try and find it and link it. There are some real good ideas. I think we all go thru the squeaky holster syndrome.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    there is a huge thread on this. I will try and find it and link it. There are some real good ideas. I think we all go thru the squeaky holster syndrome.
    I tried searching, but didn't seem to come up with anything.

I'll try putting something on the backs of the clips, hopefully that will help a bit

If someone doesn't have moleskin on hand, you can use the soft side of some 3M velcro tape.

try applying some Neutral Shoe wax on the holster & then buff it off. Do this a few times every once in a while should stop any squeek & the wax will protect the leather with out damage to it

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY HARRY View Post
    try applying some Neutral Shoe wax on the holster & then buff it off. Do this a few times every once in a while should stop any squeek & the wax will protect the leather with out damage to it
    Yes sir. That will do it. Wax will stop that squeak.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

A little baby powder under the clips works wonders, made mine quit a long time a go and no more squeaks...

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    Here is the thread MrBuckwheat was referring to I think.

Crossbreed Supertuck is CREAKING!

This was my solution to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SoleShtr View Post
    Go to Wally World and pick up some 1" adhesive velcro strips. Take the fuzzy half, otherwise known as the "loop" and stick to the back of your clips. It took care of the squeaking on my CBST. Three things I always have in the house; duct tape, velcro and plenty of ammo!!! They all come in handy.

guitarzNgunz likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links