Just bought first old faithful IWB holster!

This is a discussion on Just bought first old faithful IWB holster! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just ordered myself a Old faithful holster for my sig 2340. This will be my first IWB holster so I hope it will be mailed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just bought first old faithful IWB holster!

Just ordered myself a Old faithful holster for my sig 2340. This will be my first IWB holster so I hope it will be mailed quickly as Im very excited to see if I will be able to pull off the IWB with such a large gun... Anyone have recent order with them over at old faithful how long of a wait did you have?

They are pretty quick to ship, I have 2 of them.

Ordered mine on 1/26. Still waiting. Confirmation email from them said estimated ship is 2/11-2/25.

I ordered an Old Faithful holster Jan. 9 and received it Feb. 2 (this past Saturday). That's about 3.5 weeks.

Ordered mine January 10th, got email on 1/31 that it had shipped, just received it today. Quality is great, online video for assembly, took about 15 minutes to get it together.

I forgot to mention I found a discount for the old faithful holsters if anyone is looking to buy from them. Promo code is 20% off type in GUNTALK for the promo code.

Passing along a tip: Prior to getting the Old Faithful holster I used a Remora IWB. I've found the O.F. to require a little more room inside my pants. Fortunately my pants still fit around it, but I did get a new belt to make it easier. My main gun belt is leather with 1" hole spacing and I could not get it to fit just right--either a little too big or too saggy. So yesterday I picked up a Cabela's Last Chance Heavy-Duty Belt (similar to a Wilderness Instructor Belt, but cheaper and available in my local Cabela's--not rated for climbing BTW). This belt let's me adjust it to exactly the best fit plus it is a more flexible than my leather belt, but still thick and stiff enough for the job. I'm carrying a M&P Shield 9mm in it, so not as much weight as your Sig 2340.

Ransom thanks for the belt posting! I was looking at the wilderness instructor belt online yesterday but decided after reading many reviews I would like to see if I could find something local that I could try on before I spent the cash. Lucky we will have a cabelas opening in a few weeks not far from my city so hopefully beable to pick one of those up.

Glad it was helpful. By the way, the belt comes in two thicknesses. Be sure to the the heavy duty version, which is double thickness. It should be $24.99 list price. When I bought mine, I had my CC gun on and stepped into a changing room to check the fit.

While you're at Cabela's, if you find you need pants with a bigger waist size, check out the Wrangler ProGear Jeans. I like them a lot--heavier denim and bigger pockets than most jeans, and Cabela's sometimes has them on sale for $15-20.

Mine arrived today and I got it put together. Nice that you can save a couple buck by doing the assembly yourself. Good quality leather and their kydex mold fits my sig p250 perfect. Very pleased so far. Now to break it in!

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Does anybody here use their high-rise OWB slide belt holster? If you do - how do you like it?
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Gen 3 Glock 19, 9mm.
    Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro, 9mm. Gave To Daughter To Carry.
    Self Defense Stories
    Give me a minute before I post again.

I've had mine for over six months now...wear it almost every day. I love this holster...I know when I purchase another gun the next purchase will be an Old Faithful holster to carry it.

My husband really likes his. It took 3 weeks or so to come in, but that was before the craziness. I will be getting one next for my 229. It went together easily and I've worn his with a 1911 in it and it was really comfortable.

Got my holster today put it together and feels great! As I bought it for my first cc gun the sig 2340 I def will have to learn some tricks if I think Im going to cc such a large gun once it warms up here in MI. Holster at 3'o clock and a sweatshirt conceals pretty well but a large shirt not so much still can see the grip protrude a bit any ideas veterans of cc on this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by caddisman View Post
    Got my holster today put it together and feels great! As I bought it for my first cc gun the sig 2340 I def will have to learn some tricks if I think Im going to cc such a large gun once it warms up here in MI. Holster at 3'o clock and a sweatshirt conceals pretty well but a large shirt not so much still can see the grip protrude a bit any ideas veterans of cc on this issue?
    How is this working out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links