Would like some opinions...

This is a discussion on Would like some opinions... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was going to encourage you to go with the Remora then I got to the last post and you already did. I think you ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Would like some opinions...

I was going to encourage you to go with the Remora then I got to the last post and you already did. I think you will like it.

2. Remove Ads

Just got my Remoras yesterday, a 9mm and .380. Love 'em already!
    Always Carry, Never Tell
    S&W Shield 9mm
    Ruger LCP .380
    NRA Member
    Certified NRA Instructor

In my opinion, keeping the home defense gun locked up is NOT a good idea. During a break-in, you may spend the rest of your life trying to open the safe. Keep it loaded and ready, out of the reach of children. However, I also teach my children about firearms, talk to them about firearms often, and take them to the range with me. They know its a good thing, but always dangerous. If they want to touch it or see what its like to hold it, they ask me first and I'll let them hold it unloaded. They are not to touch it, yet, or that I now about. Therefore, it is ALWAYS good practice to keep your home defense gun out of the reach of children, loaded and ready to go.
    DJC7 likes this.
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Bought a reinforced-top Remora on a whim at a local gun show. Now it's my top-pick IWB holster for the nicest full-size EDC that I own. Couldn't be happier.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

I mentioned this in another thread for folks with small children. Put a small shelf above your side of the bed at the head of the bed high enough you can reach it standing on the floor by your bedside. You not going to sleep thru a child stepping on your head trying to reach that shelf. But you can get to it much faster than in a safe at night. Safes are for guns that you have no possiblility of needing in a moments notice.
    DJC7 likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Sponsor
    You''ve definitely thought out your options well. Here my my thoughts.

Having a holster for every handgun is like having a sling for every rifle/shotgun. I think its pretty important. (For example, I have a fairly cheap holster for my Ruger MII since I only use the holster a few times a year, but I feel its important to at least have something for range use and for practical use).

So I would suggest that whatever you do, you get some type of holster for your Ruger.

I can't tell you what your best option is, but I can tell you what I would do! I would pick up a G19, get a good IWB holster for it and carry it when its legal to do so. But I should say that the G19 (and G23/G32) are without a doubt my personal favorite handguns for concealed carry. I feel like they offer a great combination of mag capacity, size, and weight. (So I'm a little biased already).

And for a holster, I would use one from SHTF Gear LLC

Thanks!
    Clay
    DJC7 likes this.
    The Most Advanced Hybrid Holsters- Custom Formed for over 200 guns! 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Warranty
    www.shtfgear.com

www.facebook.com/shtf.gear

Glock 42 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-GLOCK-42
    XDs 4.0 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-SPR-XDS-4

Just got back from lunch with a buddy of mine and found out he actually owns a G19. He's going to give it to me this Friday when we meet him and his wife for dinner. That way I can get it to the range and test it out. Hopefully, the Remora will arrive before I have to give it back so I can try it out with the Glock. For those of you who own a Remora, even though the size 10 I ordered for the P95 will also work with other similar sized pistols, I had to specifiy during checkout that it was for a P95. Does this mean it is molded specifically for the P95 or will I be able to shove the G19 in it?
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Cool

A good quality holster and gun belt are essential for concealed carry.

I like IWB carry and I like High Noon holsters and have used them for years.

I carry a Glock 23 or 36 in a High Noon Public Secret holster and and us a quality two ply belt.

photo.jpgImage 4.jpgImage 3.jpg
    click images to enlarge....

Take your time and shop around and whatever you decide on make sure that it securely holds the firearm.

Regards,

FlaRon
    "When the people fear the government there is tyranny. When the government fears the people there is liberty". T. Jefferson

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T. Larkin

Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    Just got back from lunch with a buddy of mine and found out he actually owns a G19. He's going to give it to me this Friday when we meet him and his wife for dinner. That way I can get it to the range and test it out. Hopefully, the Remora will arrive before I have to give it back so I can try it out with the Glock. For those of you who own a Remora, even though the size 10 I ordered for the P95 will also work with other similar sized pistols, I had to specifiy during checkout that it was for a P95. Does this mean it is molded specifically for the P95 or will I be able to shove the G19 in it?
    You are going to LOVE your Remora! I choose my Remora 9 times out of 10 over the more expensive hybrid holsters and Galco's when deciding what to gear up with on a daily basis. I doubt you will look any further after trying your Remora, as the saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it! The size 10 will work on similar size pistols it's not a molded type holster it is a compression holster GUN FITMENT INCLUDES: GLOCK 19, 23, 25, 32, 38 / CZ 75 COMPACT / H&K P30 / SIG P229, P250C / KAHR TP40, T40, T9, TP9 / RUGER SR9, SR40 / BERETTA STORM / TAURUS PT911

And a Glock 19 would be a fine choice for CC especially toting it in a Remora, you'll forget you even have it on at times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links