Ordered a Summer Special 2 today

This is a discussion on Ordered a Summer Special 2 today within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone here use one on a daily basis? Please post a review telling me what you think about it and some carry pics if you ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ordered a Summer Special 2 today

Anyone here use one on a daily basis? Please post a review telling me what you think about it and some carry pics if you have them.

Since the Summer Special 2 on the way that's the only holster I'm interested in right now.

Thanks

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Nice

I hope so. I've been carrying a Keltec for the last 3 years and want to start carrying my Ultra Compact if I can make it work.

Cool

I bought one a few months ago from Brownells Web site for my 1911 gun it was priced at $99.00 + apx $10.00 shp fee. what I loved about Brownells was that they have the M.Sparks SS2 in stock.So there was no waiting Months for it to be delivered.? Mine arrived in less than a week after ordering it from them.I have my 1911 inside the holster breaking it in for the snug fit for the gun. (Note) I ordered a set of extra belt straps for the SS2 from Milt sparks for apx $11.00 & asked to be sent some extra screws for it also (they sent the screws free no charge). I ordered the straps in the (Black ) leather,And it went on the holster nice. I will be using it with a black leather belt.? so I figured that the black straps on the holster if exposed would not scream "GUN".?the holster is very comfortable as all of the reviews that I have read said it would be. I think that you will be satisfied with this holster.Be sure to check out the Brownells web site for your SS2 holster if in stock you should get it within the week. Good Luck with it

Thanks Dirty. Yea I ordered from Brownells earlier today. They have already shipped it and sent me a tracking number.

I have tried a couple other custom IWB holsters and I just couldn't get used to them.

I've used a SS often for 20 years... when I carry a 1911, 70% of the time it's in a Summer Special. It's comfortable, and unlike a CrossBreed Super-Tuck it doesn't take up an acre of your body's real estate. I do recommend a serous gun belt to support it, not just some wide belt off the rack at Target.
    tmoore912 likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

SS2H (horsehide) has been my favorite IWB holster for my GLOCK G19 for ~10 years. Works best with my Blackhawk CQB/Emergency Riggers Belt. Extra tough gear for an extra tough world! Be safe!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I've used a SS often for 20 years... when I carry a 1911, 70% of the time it's in a Summer Special. It's comfortable, and unlike a CrossBreed Super-Tuck it doesn't take up an acre of your body's real estate. I do recommend a serous gun belt to support it, not just some wide belt off the rack at Target.
    I know what you mean about some holsters taking up an acre on your body. I already have a regular Summer Special for my Glock 19 and its about the right size. From what I understand, the SSII rides a bit lower.

I also have a few gun belts made by Wild Bill's leather and one from Dillon which I like the best. I might have to try one that's
    1 1/2" instead of the 1 1/4" belts I have now.

I've used the Summer Comfort which is the exact same thing for $40 less and no ridiculous wait time, it's descent but not as comfortable as the hybrids.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    Milt sparks is good product.My IWB is the Versa Max 2 that I got from a forum member

My SSII came this morning! Talk about quick shipping and I ordered from Brownell's on the 5th.

I'm stuck here at work and don't have my Ultra Compact with me so I guess I won't get to fit the gun until tonight. In the meantime I'm wearing just the holster to see how it feels.

The Sparks SSII is far and away my favorite holster. Went the VMII road, but prefer the SSII. I'm a holster snob, so I order mine from Sparks, as I prefer black horsehide and shark trim. Easy to put on/take off, and the most comfortable holster I've worn. I have one for my Glock 19, my Glock 31, my Glock 22, and have two more coming for my SIG p220 and my 1911. My VMII for my 1911 works well, but I just didn't like them for my Glock 19, and am forced to live with the one for my p220 for now.

I'm a Summer Special II fan and user.

Pictures in use here: need CC belt for dress and docker-type pants
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Quote Originally Posted by tmoore912 View Post
    I'm a Summer Special II fan and user.

Pictures in use here: need CC belt for dress and docker-type pants
    Thanks for the pics. Looks really neat and comfortable.
    I haven't got to carry mine, except around the house, because the gun fits so tight I couldn't draw if I had to. Right now it's in the safe being stretched.

I ordered a MS Executive Companion for my 1911 in early Dec. Can't wait until April gets here!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links