Versacarry vs. clipdraw glock 39??

This is a discussion on Versacarry vs. clipdraw glock 39?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm sure there is a thread out there about this.... But, I'm going to ask anyway. Any opinions between the two or recommendations? I think ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Versacarry vs. clipdraw glock 39??

I'm sure there is a thread out there about this.... But, I'm going to ask anyway. Any opinions between the two or recommendations? I think you can get an idea of what is am looking for between these choices. Thanks and sorry for another newbie question.

I would NEVER carry without something to cover the trigger. Especially on firearms with light trigger pulls like a Glock. Negligent discharge waiting to happen, in my opinion.

Stiff belt and leather holster has served me well for years. That is my recommendation.

Sponsor
    Please don't carry with either! They are both hazardous since they don't provide any trigger coverage.

GH
    Trigger protection seems to be the suggestion of the day. You can add me to the list.

My criteria - comfort, easy fast draw, weapon retainability & safe. The fewer gadgets on it the better (thumb break, straps, Serpa-type buttons to push, etc.) - not necessarily in that order. Add cost to that list.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    I dont need to say more than the previous

+1. Inadequate trigger coverage. I'd only use them with my triggerless firearms, which I fire using my eerie Jedi mind powers.

IIRC, the VersaCarry added a shield that is designed to protect the trigger from the outside.

That said, add me to the list of folks who would not use either.

Caveat - if you add one of those snap-on covers that go over the trigger, then these options become viable from a safety perspective. By then, however, you are looking at a rather complicated rig.
    gottabkiddin likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Using this, or something similar, is the only way I would attempt either.....

VanGuard Holster System
    Richard58 likes this.
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Im a big fan of the .22LR for bear defense.
    Just shoot the guy next to you in the knee and run like heck.

I have used both the original Versacarry and the Clipdraw on my Glock 19. I preferred the Clipdraw, but both worked well. The advantage to the Clipdraw is that it is attached to the gun, and it was easy to just slip it on. I installed a Siderlock safety on my gun when I used the Clipdraw.
    I now carry my Glock in a Remora holster and find it just as easy to use and it is more secure and more comfortable.

Both terrible options IMO, everybody is entitled to their opinion but on top of the obvious safety concerns don't you want your carry method to be comfortable?

Well that why I asked. Thank you for input.

Quote Originally Posted by Snatale42 View Post
    Both terrible options IMO, everybody is entitled to their opinion but on top of the obvious safety concerns don't you want your carry method to be comfortable?
    Comfort is what I experience with the versacarry. The lack of bulk is what makes it so comfortable. It does have a trigger guard and combined with a DA/SA style pistol, there should be no issues or concerns about negligent discharge. Did I mention it was super comfortable. I have several IWB and OWB top quality leather and kydex holsters. Some even comfortable. But none more so that the versacarry. If you carry a SA only with no safety or without using the safety, it may not be for you. If you carry a DA/SA, no problems with one in the chamber and safety on. I was a skeptic. I am a convert because of its comfort....and it has a trigger guard.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS_Shooter View Post
    It does have a trigger guard and combined with a DA/SA style pistol, there should be no issues or concerns about negligent discharge.
    I don't think we mean the same thing by "trigger guard". From their website (correct me if I'm wrong) it appears there is a trigger guard on one side of the trigger. By "trigger guard" I mean some kind of cover that protects the trigger from being pulled inadvertently (by errant clothing, or something). That means coverage on both sides.

The versacarry doesn't have a trigger guard. It has...I dunno...a "one-sided trigger flap"?

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drbald1 View Post
    +1. Inadequate trigger coverage. I'd only use them with my triggerless firearms, which I fire using my eerie Jedi mind powers.
    Be glad you're in Kentucky. Bloomberg just banned those in New york.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Another vote for cover the darn trigger!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links