My Tucker Arrived

My Tucker Arrived

This is a discussion on My Tucker Arrived within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My Texas Heritage came today. It is a very well made holster. I have not worn it yet but I think it is going to ...

Thread: My Tucker Arrived

My Tucker Arrived

My Texas Heritage came today. It is a very well made holster. I have not worn it yet but I think it is going to be very comfortable. It is curved a bit to be formed to the body out of the box. My gun goes in easily and then kind of locks into place. The draw is easy but there is enough retention to where you have to purposely pull it out.

I think I need to order some extra velcro clips. I think I may have to trim them down some when my 1.25" belt gets here.

I can't wait for tomorrow to try this thing out.

Pics?

This is the best I could get with my phone. I will try and get some better pics later.

That's a picture?

I let Darth Vader handle these situations...
    Attached Images

I'm starting to get this holster adjusted. At first I was really disappointed with it as it was painful to drive with. I moved the rear clip from the bottom to the center hole and it has made a world of difference. I'm still trying to get it perfect but I think it will be a good holster for me.

The most annoying part is when you find the best position for the holster then you change pants and the belt loops are different and they are right where the velcro clips need to be.

The whole velcro thing isn't as stealth as I hoped it would be. They push the belt out in a way that it is obvious something is stuffed in your pants. I think a black belt with C clips or regular clips would be better.

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    I know the definite final answer to you holster problems...MCV..
    LOL...just joking a little I hope you enjoy your new rig, sometimes a break in period is necessary too.
    Last edited by snowdoctor; October 29th, 2006 at 10:00 AM. Reason: cant spell or I can spell but not type....one of the two or both..not sure...did I write this?
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

Quote Originally Posted by myusername View Post
    My Texas Heritage came today. It is a very well made holster. I have not worn it yet but I think it is going to be very comfortable. It is curved a bit to be formed to the body out of the box. My gun goes in easily and then kind of locks into place. The draw is easy but there is enough retention to where you have to purposely pull it out.

I think I need to order some extra velcro clips. I think I may have to trim them down some when my 1.25" belt gets here.

I can't wait for tomorrow to try this thing out.
    Mine just arrived too. Workmanship is top notch. Rob even supplied an allen wrench to adjust the hardware! It fit pretty well out of the box, but after wearing it for a few hours it's already starting to form even better. Nothing beats leather for compliance and comfort. I got it rough-side-out and retention force is just right. Tried it with a summer polo shirt tucked in and it's virtually invisible. I have the regular clips, and they really don't attract attention, especially if you carry a cell phone in the same area of your belt, like I do.

Great product Rob!

Where are you carrying at? I have to put it back almost over my rear pocket for it to be comfortable driving but then I can't put my wallet there and the bottom of the holster pokes away from the body so it looks like I have a growth on my butt.

I am still moving it around and hoping it will form more to me.

Quote Originally Posted by myusername View Post
    Where are you carrying at? I have to put it back almost over my rear pocket for it to be comfortable driving but then I can't put my wallet there and the bottom of the holster pokes away from the body so it looks like I have a growth on my butt.
    Why does moving it back past 4 oclock help in your case? Is your barrel so long that it digs into the seat cushion below? Don't think I could be comfortable with the gun between me and the seatback.

My G26 is short, plenty of space from barrel tip to the seat cushion. The only limiting factor I have is the length of the grip, which digs into the seat back a bit. So for me, while driving I may move it FORWARD, toward 3:30 or so, just the opposite of what you describe.

I agree moving it past 4 oclock cause it print more. Also I've always carried my wallet in front right pocket, so that's not an issue with me.

The barrel isn't too long, it is the Bersa .380. When I wear it 3-3:30 the gun stock digs into my side while driving. I think it may be that the side supports on the seats in my car pushes it in. I wore it at about 3:30 today an it was ok for a little while but after walking a while it started shifting a bit and got uncomfortable. I went to a restroom and tightened my belt up a notch just to hold it tighter. I think I may try the regular clips instead of the velcro clips.

I think I just need to keep adjusting it until I get it right.

The part that tends to jut out in the rear is where the rear clip mounts.

Sponsored Links