Crossbreed holsters

This is a discussion on Crossbreed holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I love my Crossbreed mini-tuck. It's truly no-risk, and I've found it to be excellent for my EDC. Great company to work with too....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Crossbreed holsters

I love my Crossbreed mini-tuck. It's truly no-risk, and I've found it to be excellent for my EDC. Great company to work with too.

2. Remove Ads

If you look at most hybrid holsters, they are all essentially the same. Crossbreed happens to be one of the first and better known.

I am a big fan of the hybrid, but i think that when you compare quality and price, Old Faithful holster is hard to beat. For $40 you can get a kit that takes all of about 10 minutes to put together. Quality and comfort is top notch.
    BurgerBoy and Hoodoo like this.

I have a crossbreed and I like it a lot. I think it is very comfortable and I wear it all day. I haven't scratched anything with the clips and I'm considering getting the v clips so that it's less noticeable.

I have a crossbreed supertuck, and I like it fine. I don't have a lot of comparative information for you because the CBST is the only holster I have. It's comfortable and conceals fine for me and my style of dress, so I've never really had any incentive to try any other ones.

Quote Originally Posted by buckshotshorty View Post
    If you look at most hybrid holsters, they are all essentially the same. Crossbreed happens to be one of the first and better known.

I am a big fan of the hybrid, but i think that when you compare quality and price, Old Faithful holster is hard to beat. For $40 you can get a kit that takes all of about 10 minutes to put together. Quality and comfort is top notch.
    This is exactly what I did! I wear my Old Faithful daily.
    BurgerBoy likes this.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    The Crossbreed Supertuck is my EDC holster. I'm wondering if some of the differences in opinion could be due to a combination of body type, where you carry, which holster options you have, and your handgun. I'm 6 feet, 190 lbs and have the version with the horsehide leather. I've worn it in the summer against bare skin and it's my favorite holster. Conceals well (even my wife doesn't notice it) and I like the ability to adjust the cant to carry position. The kydex can be heated and reformed to change the draw on it but I liked it just they way it came. It holds the pistol firmly but draws easily without lifting the holster. I carry just behind my right hip (4-5 o'clock) with an M&P 9c. So maybe if others could give some of this body type/holster components/carry position and pistol type; we might see where some of the differences lie.
    Buckeye00 likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    I have a Super Tuck (fits my all my 9mm Glocks) and a mini-tuck (for the LCP), and one more of each on order for the SIG C3 and the P238. It is my EDC holster. I also have a Milt Sparks VM-II designed for the G19 that also works for the G26. I use the VM-II for IDPA only.

I find the thinness of the hybrid holster to be a big advantage. The extra thickness of leather on some of the really cool looking IWB holsters adds to the bulge and makes the gun harder to hide on my frame. (5'-8"/160 lbs). I also like the price and quick delivery (4 to 6 weeks) compared to the VM-II (6 months and well over a hundred bux).

I don't like the spring clips, and the difficulty of putting on the holster with out taking my pants off. I'm going to investigate different clips. I am also going to experiment with punching a second line of front holes closer to the gun and maybe trimming the leather back to make it shorter. It's pretty easy to customize it.

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

I have the super-tuck and wear it every day. And I carry a Kimber 3". I had thought to use it only during the summer (it conceals better than anything i have ever worn in 30+ years), but wear it all of the time now under coats. Its light, comfortable and works well with my more manly physique. :)
    In Absentia Luci Tenebrae Vincu

There is a line between good and evil, no wider than a razor's edge.
    I hold the line.
    I am the line.

I have a supertuck for my PX4 Storm Subcompact, and a minituck for the LCP.
    They both work great!

I wear a supertuck with my XD-9 service model at 3:30-4:00. Love it. I live in Houston and I wear it with shorts and t-shirts tucked in. No one know it's there. I put it on in the morning and take it off at night. Got mine within 3 weeks from when I ordered it. I have had it for over 2 yrs. I do have to admit I did cut into the leather to customize it to my liking.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

VIP Member
    CBST with a Kel-Tec PF-9, it works very well.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    It is my go to IWB, wearing it now with a commander size 1911.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by Finegan View Post
    This is exactly what I did! I wear my Old Faithful daily.
    Thought I might give the Old Faitful a try, $8.20 shipping why does most everyone have to try and screw you on the shipping?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnmanca View Post
    They said I have two weeks to try it and If I don't like it I can return it and either get a different one or get my money back. The one thing I'm not too happy about is they said it would be between 4-6 weeks before I get it
    that is the main reason I went with a "SHTF" holster, workrd out very well
    SHTFGearLLC likes this.

I just ordered the supertuck deluxe this morning for my M&P Shield with the horse hide option since I will be wearing it to do outside field work in the summer too. They say it will be 6 to 8 weeks before arrival.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links