Crossbreed holsters - Page 3

Crossbreed holsters

This is a discussion on Crossbreed holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by MJClark I just ordered the supertuck deluxe this morning for my M&P Shield with the horse hide option since I will be ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Crossbreed holsters

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MJClark View Post
    I just ordered the supertuck deluxe this morning for my M&P Shield with the horse hide option since I will be wearing it to do outside field work in the summer too. They say it will be 6 to 8 weeks before arrival.
    Horsehide is the only way to go, much more comfortable and easier break in.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Horsehide is the only way to go, much more comfortable and easier break in.
    I find just the opposite. Horsehide is a bit thinner and stiffer than cowhide and cowhide seems to break in quicker. I have both by the way. I just recently bought a White Hat Basemax in cowhide that had no leather treatment on it. Just raw leather. That thing was broken in after the first time I wore it. It was unbelievable. Softer than the horsehide and softer than the treated cowhide. My only thought is that it may wear out quicker, but only time will tell on that.

I just received my latest CB (a minituck)...total turnaround was 5 weeks. Not bad.

Sponsor
    I like the hybrid design, but prefer the ability to get a full shooting grip with access to the mag release while the weapon is holstered.

-Clay

Quote Originally Posted by Lish View Post
    I use the super tuck daily. I've even fallen asleep watching tv a couple times wearing it. I've found it comfortable. I got mine from their seconds site so I had it in just over a week! :)
    I too got mine from the seconds website.
    Crossbreed Holsters - Second Hand Holsters
    I got mine in under a week and it was listed in "good" condition and honestly the thing was like brand new! A few very tiny scuffs on the horsehide I paid $48 for a SuperTuck Shorty with Horsehide. Horsehide is denser tighter flesh than cowhide thus resulting in a more moisture resistant leather. People who live in more humid climates or who tend to sweat a lot find this to be a good option as horsehide handles dampness better. I find it to be very comfortable and use it from time to time usually when dressing up and want to tuck in a dress shirt. I mainly use my Remora holster more than anything else, it is the best for comfort, ease of use, low profile, and concealabilty, and very inexpensive starting at $30 for their standard IWB. The Remora can be worn with anything i.e. jogging pants, basketball shorts, pajama pants, or of course pants and a belt. I think everyone should have a good hybrid like the CrossBreed and a Remora.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links