Crossbreed holsters

Crossbreed holsters

This is a discussion on Crossbreed holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just recently got my ccw and decided to buy a crossbreed super tuck deluxe holster and can anyone give me some advice on it ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Crossbreed holsters

Crossbreed holsters

I just recently got my ccw and decided to buy a crossbreed super tuck deluxe holster and can anyone give me some advice on it and how they like the feel of it?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtnmanca View Post
    I just recently got my ccw and decided to buy a crossbreed super tuck deluxe holster and can anyone give me some advice on it and how they like the feel of it?
    I bought one, hate it, and thus never wear it. That said, many promote the hybrid as the most wonderful holster they have ever experienced.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Well I have had mine over 2yrs and it is in place from the time I roll out of bed and does not come off untill I pull the covers up to go to sleep. I have made 2 long trips by car in less than a yr for a total of 5700miles and never had a problem but thats how it fit me, I'm 5 11 174lbs and thats about all I can tell you. Good luck

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I prefer mine on someone else's waist... so I sold it.

Crossbreed holsters

They said I have two weeks to try it and If I don't like it I can return it and either get a different one or get my money back. The one thing I'm not too happy about is they said it would be between 4-6 weeks before I get it

Re: Crossbreed holsters

I like mine. Conceals well and is comfortable for me and my body type. I can see where some may not like it though.

It is a long wait. I had one. What I did not like about was with the large leather touching that much of your skin, to me it felt prone to movement. Not that it ever came off of my belt, but having used a Milt Sparks VMII, I much prefer the Sparks. I have not tried any other hybrid holsters. Some people love them. I am a big guy with a spare tire so my size may have had something to do with it.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    Used to be much longer... For now, you can get a feel for where it will be most comfortable by cutting a piece of 2x4 the length of your gun and shoving it in various places inside your waistband, I think for most people 4:30 works best.

They said I have two weeks to try it and If I don't like it I can return it and either get a different one or get my money back. The one thing I'm not too happy about is they said it would be between 4-6 weeks before I get it

I use a Crossbreed holster every day. I find it comfortable and conceals well. I did my own combat cut on the leather so just enough leather was taken off for my hand to get a full grip on the gun.

One problem I have been having is the metal clips tear and scratch the heck out of everything. All of my jeans have holes where the clips sit, I've scratched the door of my car getting in a few times, scratched a relative's and a friend's wood chairs, and probably a few other things.

I'm going to be replacing the metal clips with these soon:
    Mounting Options - products new home - C-T.A.C. Standard Clip

Also, depending on what I plan on doing that day, I will adjust it so it either sits right on my hip or back a little. If its back too far, bending over allows you to see the grip of the gun through my shirt a little bit. Forward too far makes my hip looks like its bulged out a little, but my shirt doesn't ride up over the grip nearly as much when I bend over.
    Your number one Option for Personal Security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation. - Rule #23 in the USMC rules for gunfighting.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Used to be much longer... For now, you can get a feel for where it will be most comfortable by cutting a piece of 2x4 the length of your gun and shoving it in various places inside your waistband, I think for most people 4:30 works best.
    Great analogy.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I use a crossbreed snapslide, which is good. It's so simply designed really i have no beefs with it. It's small, OWB and holds my G26 or G19 well.
    Glock 20sf, Sig P938

Crossbreed holsters

I use the super tuck daily. I've even fallen asleep watching tv a couple times wearing it. I've found it comfortable. I got mine from their seconds site so I had it in just over a week! :)
    guitarzNgunz likes this.

Tried the Supertuck. Didn't like it. IWB just isn't for me.

Sent it back and got their Snapslide and love it. It's OWB, but keeps the gun in close and conceals my Glock 19 and 23 under an untucked shirt very well.
    RubenZ likes this.

One of my best friends has used one for quite some time now, and he loves it. He has tried several others and this is the first one that will truly allow him to conceal his gun while tucking in a shirt.

I have full intention of ordering one sometime later this month.

Senior Member Array RightyLefty's Avatar
    I have two CBST. They have both worked well for me. I am carrying some extra girth around my waist I shouldn't have but carrying IWB is still very comfortable for me. You just need to move the holster around from 3 to 5 o'clock and find the "time of day" that is most comfortable to you. I should add I always wear undershirts so the holster is never directly against my skin. Works well for me.
    RoadKill likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links