Crossbreed supertuck; info and belt help!

This is a discussion on Crossbreed supertuck; info and belt help! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everyone, I'm new to CC and this site! I just ordered a crossbreed supertuck for my S&W MP40c and I'm looking for a good ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossbreed supertuck; info and belt help!

Cool Crossbreed supertuck; info and belt help!

Hey everyone, I'm new to CC and this site! I just ordered a crossbreed supertuck for my S&W MP40c and I'm looking for a good 1.5 in belt that won't break the bank! Any suggestions? It doesn't have to be leather.. Any and all suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

2. Remove Ads

Re: Crossbreed supertuck; info and belt help!

CrossBreed sells a belt that gets good reviews.

I use a Rock Steady belt from High Noon Holsters.

Nylon type instructor's belts are less expensive and they work good. They're not very stylish though.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I've been looking at them.. they look real good
    Work Belts - Men's Gets Better with Age Work Belt - Duluth Trading
    BLACKHAWK! Instructors Gun Belt-MD 1.5" - BLACKHAWK!
    was also looking at these two.. any thoughts?

Senior Moderator
    I have a Blackhawk CQC pistol belt that is well worth the $30.00 I spent on it.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I went to my local Farm and Fleet and they had a good supply of 1.5" leather belts that we very thick too. I use it with my SHTF gear holster and it is a perfect combination.

I've been wearing a belt from Tractor Supply for a while now with my supertuck. It was $20 and holds up pretty well. Later, I bought a pair of perry work suspenders that attach to the belt via plastic connectors. Makes a huge difference in comfort. For IWB carry, these are amazing.

Amazon.com: 2 In. Perry Work Suspenders (Red Regular): Clothing

Lotus22: I went on the TSC website before I hit the confirm button for the Duluth trading co belt and saw one that looks exactly the same sans the Duluth trading co engraving.. Maybe that's what you have? Thanks for the input everyone!

go for a good carry belt in leather;
    Amish Belts - Black

Quote Originally Posted by IXOYE View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm new to CC and this site! I just ordered a crossbreed supertuck for my S&W MP40c and I'm looking for a good 1.5 in belt that won't break the bank! Any suggestions? It doesn't have to be leather.. Any and all suggestions are welcome! Thanks!
    For what it's worth, I carry the same exact gun in probably the same exact holster - supertuck deluxe in natural horsehide. Going back before CCW, I had a hard time finding a good belt. Every belt I have had over the years easily wore out. My last belt had triple stitching on the edges. It stretched over time so I adjusted down a hole and it stretched some more, then broke except for the stitching - all that is holding it together now.

When I ordered my holster I also ordered one of their 1.25" belts, complete with velcro backing. Yeah, I didn't want to spent the $$ either. The holsters themselves are a bit on the pricy side. However, I wanted to give one of their belts a try. Gun belts are designed to carry more of a load than a standard belt so I figured they would be more durable. Also, considering the velcro clips on the holster make it a lot more concealable, having a velcro-backed belt was more of a necessity. The long and short of it is I am real happy with Crossbreed's belt. It is a dual layer, velcro backed, stitching-reinforced belt that is pretty durable. The belt is rather stiff, but I'd much rather have a stiff belt like that than a softer supple version. Since I have been wearing it about 3 weeks I can't gauge how it breaks down over time, but I can see it will last a long time. The holes I use are barely worn in.

A&G Custom Gunleather also makes some nice belts. The 1.5" premium belts have an optional stiffener. This will add to the durability to the belt, as well as help support larger frame guns (1911's or big revolvers come to mind). The drawback is they are going to be much stiffer = not conform to your waist shape as easy.

My overall advice is your holster is only one piece of your carry system. Don't cut yourself short - get a quality belt. You are getting a really fantastic holster - balance it out with a nice gun belt.

Last thoughts -

Crossbreed's directions say to essentially measure your current belt length to the hole you wear it in to the nearest inch, then add 2 inches to it, and that will be the length to the center hole on your new belt. What I can tell you is I wear my belt with and without my gun. This subtracts roughly 2" from the length of the belt = it puts be at the second to last hole, and even down to the last hole on occasion. Keeping this in mind, if you intend to wear your new belt without your gun then perhaps subtract some length from it. So instead of, in my case, going 35" to the center hole with the gun, I would put the center hole at 33". This will give me one hole on the long end to go up to, with the gun, and add 2 more holes on the small end, without the gun. All said and done, I wish I figured up the length a bit differently. If I only used the belt with my gun it would be a non-issue.

When you get your holster, play around with different positions. I left my clips in the stock holes for a couple weeks then moved the one in front up (dropping the front of the holster) by a couple spots. This canted the gun forwards and added to the comfort when sitting = the bottom of the grip isn't pushing against my back as much. I carry at about the 4:00-4:30 position.

I hope this helps. You have a fantastic gun and are getting a fantastic holster.

Hey thanks a lot gun1!! I ordered the black cowhide with the combat cut. I hate the draw on my current holster with a goodsize leather back.. I've come to realize what you said. "the holster is only one piece of your carry system" I'm wearing my ABU belt courtesy of uncle sam. Its VERY thin and bends, making for a very uncomfortable carry with my current holster, and a very poor draw.

I will be wearing this belt without my gun also. I measured a belt I am wearing now and I wear it on the smallest hole which is 31 inches. So would you say ordering a belt that is 33inches is a good bet?

Do you have an M&P? Im looking for some night sights.. any suggestions? Thanks guys!!!!

Also are these the Amish belts y'all have used?
    Amish Belts - Black

Tractor Supply Co. has GREAT 1.5" belts for about $25. I love mine, it's a brown leather better that's very sturdy.

+1 as well to the Amish belt (link above)

A good way to check on the belt's cc's abilities.... Put the belt on the hole you would wear it. Hold it in front of you in one hand. Move your wrist up and down. There shouldn't be a lot of play, shouldn't be "floppy" if you will.
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Hey thanks a lot gun1!! I ordered the black cowhide with the combat cut. I hate the draw on my current holster with a goodsize leather back.. I've come to realize what you said. "the holster is only one piece of your carry system" I'm wearing my ABU belt courtesy of uncle sam. Its VERY thin and bends, making for a very uncomfortable carry with my current holster, and a very poor draw.
    Thin belts that flex don't distribute the weight of the gun, or anything else you have hang off of it. It's sort of like a leaf spring on a car vs. a 1 ton truck. Or a backpack with a frame in it vs. a rucksack.

I will be real curious to see how you like the combat cut. I opted for the full coverage holster figuring it would be more comfortable. Though, in another thread here I did question the holster due to having my magazine release press when unholstering. I will practice more with it and see what it does after time.

I will be wearing this belt without my gun also. I measured a belt I am wearing now and I wear it on the smallest hole which is 31 inches. So would you say ordering a belt that is 33inches is a good bet?
    I'd go 31. That will put you at the second to last hole with where you will probably wear it with the gun. They will measure the 31 to the center hole. Then add 2" (2 holes, 1" apart) for the gun = you'll have one hole left on the top end. If you will wear any heavy clothes (I like to layer up under my jeans in the winter) then maybe go to 32" and give yourself 2 holes on the top end. It's up to you how you want the fit, but my belt came out perfect in the measurement as it was exactly what I gave them. I just didn't have anything to compare to that would tell me to knock down an inch or two.

Do you have an M&P? Im looking for some night sights.. any suggestions? Thanks guys!!!!
    I have Trijicon's on my 40c and they are OK. The glow sights are awesome but I wish the white dots were a little different. All in all, they work and I'm glad I had them put on.

I use a simple department store belt with my Supertuck. I bought the CrossBreed gunbelt and it is very solid, but almost too stiff for my liking. it works very well with OWB holsters. The department store belt does a good job of keeping control of the firearm as well as staying comfortable for extended periods of time.

Lotus22: I went on the TSC website before I hit the confirm button for the Duluth trading co belt and saw one that looks exactly the same sans the Duluth trading co engraving.. Maybe that's what you have? Thanks for the input everyone!
    Sorry for the late reply. I would say yes, my belt looks almost identical to this one, but has double stitching along the top and bottom.
    Heavy duty Leather Belt - Men's Lifetime Belt - Duluth Trading

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links