Buying a holster to accommodate future mods?

This is a discussion on Buying a holster to accommodate future mods? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I already have the gun that I am going to CC, and I know the holster (crossbreed) that I want to get, and it is ...

I already have the gun that I am going to CC, and I know the holster (crossbreed) that I want to get, and it is available. However, when CT releases the green trigger guard laser for my gun, I am going to buy one of those. But I donít really want to buy a holster now that will not accommodate my future laser add on, and since they are not likely to be available until the 3rd quarter, I don't want to wait on a holster.

One friend tossed out that the crossbreed holsters are formed to fit the gun, and since the laser is just an add on to that, order the holster as if the gun already had the laser and get some foam and get it to stick into the void until I do buy the laser.

I donít see why this would not work, but has anyone else ever tried it?

I have a IWB/OWB leather holster made by Little Bears Holsters( Out of Business now).Similar to a VMII.
    I wear this holster four different ways,
    IWB
    OWB
    Between my pants and my belt( see my avitar )
    and I purchased "C" clips so I can make this holster "Tuckable"

I am cheap but I invested in one good holster and a great gun belt.
    So, what else do I wear, a cheap air gun holster from Wal Mart $7.00 a locking strap and a extra mag holder,
    A cheap $20.00 a shoulder holster,
    Received for Christmas a 6ART Remora. The Remora I can wear either left or right side.

I guess I am saying is to look a round and review different models of holsters. I just did not want to buy several good quality holsters which are made for one wearing use only. If you look at my Avitar, you can see the dark shark skin trimmed holster and the belt loops match my dark brown shark skin 1 1/2" gun belt. It all matches and looks great. I am only invested to a tune of about $230 for all my carrying needs.
    JBPDXOR
    Cougar 8000 9mm
    S&W 586 4" 357
    Winchester Defender 12g

I have a CrossBreed MiniTuck for my Kahr PM9 with CT LaserGuard. It also fits my Kahr MK9. I don't see the need to put foam in as a spacers since the difference is very small. I've never had the MK9 shift or move. The main issue I would be worried about is if the green laser version was shaped differently than the standard version.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Contact Crossbreed and ask.
    Earth is the insane asylum of the universe!

You could get a MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat and for under $20 you can get a replacement kydex so that you can carry with or without the laser.

MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Links