Which Remora for a M&P Shield 9mm

This is a discussion on Which Remora for a M&P Shield 9mm within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just purchased the gun last week and after reading many reviews here I have decided to try a Remora. There are a bunch of models/options, ...

Thread: Which Remora for a M&P Shield 9mm

Which Remora for a M&P Shield 9mm

Just purchased the gun last week and after reading many reviews here I have decided to try a Remora. There are a bunch of models/options, so I was wondering if I could get some feedback on what model you liked or didn't.

2. Remove Ads

Email Remora for the best fit. They usually respond in a day or two.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

The fitment chart on their site says you need a 6ART. As far as further details (sweat shield, leather lining, etc.) I can't comment because mine hasn't arrived yet. ;)http://www.remoraholsters.com/upload...Gun_Type-r.pdf
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

I got the 6art/rft for my shield. If I had to do it again, I probably wouldn't get the reinforced top. Makes it kind of wide compared to my supertuck style holsters. For the money, it's a no brainer. Their are some good YouTube videos about the options.

I received a 6ART for Christmas. This holster just flat works, I can place the holster between my under pants and a pair of sweat pants. Tighten the string and my Cougar 8000 9mm loaded just does not move. I do have the leather lined and I like that plus the Cougar is not a light weight pistol nor narrow. However, I think the Remora is narrower than my leather IWB/OWB holster.

I like this model of holster because I can wear it on either left side or right side plus at any angle I want.

ps{ the only thing I have not tried yet is to place the holster between my 1 1/2" dark brown shark skin gun belt and my pants. )
    JBPDXOR
    Cougar 8000 9mm
    S&W 586 4" 357
    Winchester Defender 12g

The 6ART is a perfect fit. I'd like to try one with a sweat shield because sometimes I feel the top of the gun poking into my side. The sweat shield would put a layer of cushion there. An option worth considering.

I always wear a t-shirt. Since I do, should I ship the SS?

I've got the 6ART without it and don't have much issue getting poked. I helped move furniture and stuff for about 4hrs today, never got poked. To not get poked you have to have the gun down in it good, maybe even too far, can make getting a good grasp a tad more difficult.

I did have it against my bare skin for a while and that wasn't all that pleasant, tolerable but I much prefer something between the holster and my skin.

Do you have the leather lining? is it worth it?

Links