shoulder carry during summer?

This is a discussion on shoulder carry during summer? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm contemplating wearing a shoulder holster for summer time just because of their comfort while carrying. Anyone have any good ideas for summer cover garments ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By american.made

Thread: shoulder carry during summer?

shoulder carry during summer?

I'm contemplating wearing a shoulder holster for summer time just because of their comfort while carrying. Anyone have any good ideas for summer cover garments in this case? I've considered getting the Israeli Shabak jacket; anyone else wanna add on ideas?

2. Remove Ads

just d9ont do to much. If its 85 out and your wearing a jacket or a vest you might raise an eye brow or two. I just stick with my full size M&P and wear a t-shirt.
    USM1976 likes this.

Administrator
    I have worn a shoulder rig in summer occasionally years ago. You need to stick with all 100% Cotton.
    Wear a fairly close fitting white Cotton T-Shirt under your shoulder rig and then a light Cotton shirt over that and just keep it unbuttoned except for about the bottom 2 buttons. That looks very casual.

Back then I had a lot of dress type summer shorts that would not accommodate a 1.5" gun belt. The belt loops were too small.

These days in summer I just carry OWB behind the hip wearing an un-tucked, oversize, darker colored Cotton T-Shirt.

With a good holster and gun belt that works fine for me.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

undershirt and a loose fitting button up shirt might work best. If you get into a situation where you need to draw I doubt you will care to much if you rip the buttons off your shirt to draw. Or you could replace the buttons with snap closures or magnets with a fake button sewn on top.

Take a look at the Kangaroo Carry Air Marshall 3.....I love mine...very comfortable.
    Retired Private Detective
    S&W Model 19 2.5" .357

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Shoulder rigs are notoriously HOT! After all, you're insulating your body's core. I tried a number of options & eventually decided that shoulder holsters are "jacket required".
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by redwilson View Post
    Take a look at the Kangaroo Carry Air Marshall 3.....I love mine...very comfortable.
    Thanks for the post with link. I am very interested in something like this, and the price is very reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by redwilson View Post
    Depends on where you live in the summer months. You wear something like the Kangeroo holstser in the summer in Houston, and you might give-up wearing a concealed handgun forever. It is too hot and humid here and anywhere along the Gulf Coast....me ? Baggie T-shirts and IWB holster...extra magazine on weak side.

Links