How to carry Glock 36 with semi-business dress?

This is a discussion on How to carry Glock 36 with semi-business dress? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My question is short and sweet. I have to wear a collared shirt at work. I usually wear a pair of 5.11 Taclite Pro pants ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How to carry Glock 36 with semi-business dress?

How to carry Glock 36 with semi-business dress?

My question is short and sweet. I have to wear a collared shirt at work. I usually wear a pair of 5.11 Taclite Pro pants and a polo shirt. I want to hear some options as how I can carry and still be comfortable bending, squatting, and lifting all day. I carry a Glock 36 Slimline .45 ACP. Let's hear some options.

2. Remove Ads

I carry mine in a Desantis IWB and wear longer shirts. I do not bend over and lift things daily but I don't have any accidental
    visibilty issues.

Look at a Galco Skyop, designed for the US Sky Marshals, I use mine with a double stack 5" 1911; you can even tuck the shirt in and no one will know.

Some options -

Tuckable IWB holster

Smartcarry

Kangaroo holster

get a smaller gun for your pocket
    tmoore912 likes this.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

I use a Kangaroo Carry with a G19 when I have to have my shirt tucked in Polo or Button down. It could work if you have the right body type and don't wear tight clothes.

I'm 5'10", 190 lbs. athletic build.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

I carry my G 36 in a Highnoon Public Secret Public Secret w/clip or a Holsterpro 722 Holsterpro Gun Leather - Custom Hand Crafted in the U.S.A.

You may want to consider the Fist 1 or 1A HOLSTERS BY NUMBER
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

I have actually thought about a Galco SkyOps. I am currently waiting on a FIST K3 for appendix carry. The only thing with appendix carry is its not easy to bend and pick something off the floor. Maybe if I wear it 2 to 3 o'clock it will feel better. So far the best I have discovered is a Bianchi IWB holster worn at 2-3 o'clock. If the FIST doesn't work, I think I will try the SkyOps.

Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by AdamSean View Post
    My question is short and sweet. I have to wear a collared shirt at work. I usually wear a pair of 5.11 Taclite Pro pants and a polo shirt. I want to hear some options as how I can carry and still be comfortable bending, squatting, and lifting all day. I carry a Glock 36 Slimline .45 ACP. Let's hear some options.
    Is your polo shirt tucked in, or untucked? When you said "semi-business dress," I assumed a dress shirt and tie and dress pants without a jacket. In that case, I agree that a tuckable IWB holster is probably the way to go. As others have mentioned, pocket carry with a smaller gun is another option.

If your polo is untucked, you could probably use almost any IWB holster at 4:30 or AIWB, depending on your preference. Try a Remora.
    “Those who would give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

Another kudo to Kangaroo Karry. It's what I use for carry to church or anytime I want to tuck my shirt. I've been using it more often lately even when very casual. I carry my j-frame or Walther PPS. Works great, I'm becoming a big fan.

I plan on getting a pocket gun in the future, but for now its the G36. I am either going with a Galco SkyOps or a Kangaroo Carry.

I carry a Sccy CPX-2 in a desantis softtuck IWB holster. It is quite comfortable when you get the position right, the Sccy is a double stack 9mm so it is a little thicker than the G36. I am not sure about the tucked conceal aspect as i always use it untucked and that is easy to conceal.

I also EDC a G36. Right now I'm using a Stickey IWB holster and it's very comfortable. Question I have with the IWB is do you "tuck" the grips or leave them riding above the waste band?

Look at Kholster and Crosbreed IWB holsters, they are comfortable and well made.

To the Crossbreed type holster recommendations, I HATE them. I don't find them comfortable at all and the clips advertise GUN too easily.

Another holster that looks promising is the Stealth Defense holster with the strut. Its rather pricey, but I like the design. Anyone ever tried one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links