business casual carry for slim guy

This is a discussion on business casual carry for slim guy within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So my carry gun is a Kahr cw9 and I currently have a smartcarry. I wear to work business casual dress, normally slacks and tucked ...

Thread: business casual carry for slim guy

business casual carry for slim guy

So my carry gun is a Kahr cw9 and I currently have a smartcarry. I wear to work business casual dress, normally slacks and tucked in shirt, but also wear shorts and a t-shirt after.. I find the smartcarry can get a little uncomfortable after sitting at work for a few hours so I wanted to see what other options there are.. im 5'9 140lbs so I dont have much to hide one. I was also thinking of getting a smaller gun but it seems the ones I am looking at arnt much smaller than a cw9. I also considered buying a revolver but they dont seem much smaller either.

2. Remove Ads

I hear you on the Smartcarry - used one daily for 3 years, but it got painful with the backstrap of the gun poking into me while sitting.

I now dual pocket carry in a business environment. LCR on one side, LCP on the other. Some pockets require deepening by a tailor to accomodate the revolver, but it is worth it to me. The revolver is more reliable (in my experience) than pocket 9mm pistols, and the curved shape seems to print less. It is also lighter in weight, which is a factor for pocket carry. And it is faster/easier to draw.

Hope this helps.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger LCP (2), LCR, Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

Sponsor
    Take a look at the SHTF Gear ACE-1, when paired with tuckable leather belt loops or polished brown belt clips (A new option) it works great for business casual dress.

Kahr P9, CW9 ACE-1 Holster

feature, small.jpgleather loop-edit-trans.jpgGlock-gun-front-right-1500.jpgGlock-gun-front-left-1500.jpgGlock-front-left-1500.jpg

Thanks,
    Clay
    The Most Advanced Hybrid Holsters- Custom Formed for over 200 guns! 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Warranty
    www.shtfgear.com

www.facebook.com/shtf.gear

Glock 42 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-GLOCK-42
    XDs 4.0 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-SPR-XDS-4

I myself have been considering a belly band. Have not yet bought one, but I am currently waiting on a 5.11 pocket tee shirt. Should be here any day! I hope I like it as much as I think I will!

Crossbreed MiniTuck is really easy to hide in business casual. CompTac C-clips can make any hybrid IWB really hard to spot.

I myself have been considering a belly band. Have not yet bought one, but I am currently waiting on a 5.11 pocket tee shirt. Should be here any day! I hope I like it as much as I think I will!

Have (3) of them; work great. Not cheap though!!!

Links