Down to choosing 2 IWB holsters!

This is a discussion on Down to choosing 2 IWB holsters! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have narrowed down my search for 2 IWB holsters for my Glock 33. My first choice was the Comp-Tac MTAC holster. Then, I started ...

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Down to choosing 2 IWB holsters!

  1. #1
    Member Array blkz06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    19

    Down to choosing 2 IWB holsters!

    I have narrowed down my search for 2 IWB holsters for my Glock 33.

    My first choice was the Comp-Tac MTAC holster. Then, I started seeing things on the WhiteHat Max Tuck, so I postponed my decision.

    I like the fact both holsters have Kydex shells that can be swapped out, since I have 3-4 EDC pistols. I don't like the plastic clips on the Comp-Tac....but I also don't like that White Hat doesn't cover the entire barrel with Kydex. May seem stupid to some, but I just prefer my entire barrel/frame area covered.

    I personally think the WH is the better setup save the kydex issue.

    I have read most users of the CompTac wished the clips were a little spaced a little further apart.

    Any opinions on the 2?

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #2
    New Member Array mark60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    13
    I have MTAC's for a Shield and an HK P2000SK and have been very happy with them.

  4. #3
    VIP Member Array 1MoreGoodGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    5,952
    I have the MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters with the a Constitution Kydex for each of my handguns just in case I decide I want to/need to change my carry gun. Takes about a minute to change out the kydex.

    MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg

    I'm very pleased with my holster. For personal comfort I added some mole skin to the back of the leather...I think it cost me about $4.00 at the local Walmart.

    I also looked at the Comp-Tac and had a pretty tough time deciding between the two.

    White Hat Holsters i believe offers a wider variety of kydex molded to specific guns.

    I also think White Hat Holsters offers a better quality (horse hide, metal clips, interchangeable system) all at a lower price. Plus I think it looks nicer but no one really sees it unless I show them...the Constitution printed kydex is kind of cool looking and is a nice little reminder when you put it on each day.

    If I can answer any questions for you just ask.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member


    Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

  5. #4
    Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,747
    I have an MTAC and it is one of the most comfortable holsters in my drawer out of dozens. Dont worry about the plastic belt clips, they are very tough.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

  6. #5
    Sponsor
    Array SHTFGearLLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,034
    You've definately narrowed it down to two well like companies that offer good customer support. I would submit that you give a third a look as well. SHTF Gear holsters at SHTF Gear LLC. You can find one for your handgun here


    Glock 26/27/33 ACE-1 Holster

    feature-small.jpg

    Thanks!
    Clay

  7. #6
    VIP Member Array high pockets's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Georgia for now
    Posts
    4,467
    I have, and would recommend, something else, but that's not what you asked.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

    - Anon

  8. #7
    Member Array blkz06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    I have an MTAC and it is one of the most comfortable holsters in my drawer out of dozens. Dont worry about the plastic belt clips, they are very tough.
    How is the fit of the gun in the kydex?

    The WH seems very tight-which is what you want so the gun doesn't move around needlessly.

    Thanks!

  9. #8
    Member Array blkz06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    I have, and would recommend, something else, but that's not what you asked.
    If you think its better than the two I chose, I am open to suggestion.


  10. #9
    Member Array blkz06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    I have the MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters with the a Constitution Kydex for each of my handguns just in case I decide I want to/need to change my carry gun. Takes about a minute to change out the kydex.

    MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg

    I'm very pleased with my holster. For personal comfort I added some mole skin to the back of the leather...I think it cost me about $4.00 at the local Walmart.

    I also looked at the Comp-Tac and had a pretty tough time deciding between the two.

    White Hat Holsters i believe offers a wider variety of kydex molded to specific guns.

    I also think White Hat Holsters offers a better quality (horse hide, metal clips, interchangeable system) all at a lower price. Plus I think it looks nicer but no one really sees it unless I show them...the Constitution printed kydex is kind of cool looking and is a nice little reminder when you put it on each day.

    If I can answer any questions for you just ask.
    Thanks for the description.

    I really like the WH a lot. I just don't like the muzzle uncovered.


  11. #10
    Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    1,747
    Quote Originally Posted by blkz06 View Post
    How is the fit of the gun in the kydex?

    The WH seems very tight-which is what you want so the gun doesn't move around needlessly.

    Thanks!
    Drawing my 1911's from the MTAC takes a "tug" to get it moving. When the gun is re-holstered, there is a slight "click" when the gun is fully seated into the holster. If I had to run on a dead out flat run, I know the gun would stay put. I've never owned a SHTF holster but they also look like they would work about the same. One of these days, I'll have to try one.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

  12. #11
    Member Array Jdunn217's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by blkz06 View Post
    How is the fit of the gun in the kydex?

    The WH seems very tight-which is what you want so the gun doesn't move around needlessly.

    Thanks!

    I have a mtac as well and I am very pleased with it. The fit is very snug. It even has two screws you can use to adjust the retention to your liking. Just remember with IWB holsters, your belt adds extra retention to it. So you can't really judge retention on the holsters without having it strapped to your body.

  13. #12
    Member Array guitarzNgunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    428
    Quote Originally Posted by blkz06 View Post
    Thanks for the description.

    I really like the WH a lot. I just don't like the muzzle uncovered.

    Contact White Hat they do custom work, tell them you want the entire barrel covered I bet they would accommodate your needs. Also might I suggest getting a Remora, for versatility, comfort and ease of use. I have a Crossbreed Supertuck and a Remora and my Remora gets a LOT of use. It's just so easy to grab on the way out the door, or when your wearing jogging pants or basketball shorts. I think everyone who carries should have a Remora as well as a good hybrid.

  14. #13
    VIP Member Array 1MoreGoodGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    5,952
    Quote Originally Posted by blkz06 View Post
    Thanks for the description.

    I really like the WH a lot. I just don't like the muzzle uncovered.

    What is that you don't like about the muzzle being uncovered?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member


    Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

  15. #14
    Member Array blkz06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    What is that you don't like about the muzzle being uncovered?
    I had an EDC pistol I wore in a IWB rig that left the muzzle uncovered, and I guess the friction of my jeans wore the bluing off the gun.

    My next rig had a full kydex cover, and while I did get some slight wear marks on the frame where it contacted the kydex, it was nothing like what happened in the uncovered rig.

    Maybe it was just a coincidence? Maybe my jeans where too tight?


Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

best glock33 holsters

,

choosing a iwb holster

,

comp tac mtac vs whitehat holster

,

comp-tac mtac concealment holster glock 26/27/33

,

comp-tac vs white hat

,

comptac glock 33

,

constitution kydex holster

,

constitution printed on kydex

,

edc pistol rigs

,

glock 33 edc

,

glock 33 iwb holster

Click on a term to search for related topics.