Carry Options & Holster Choices

This is a discussion on Carry Options & Holster Choices within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First, thanks to everyone go took the time. I am getting some great ideas. Some of them are what I have been researching, and some ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Carry Options & Holster Choices

First, thanks to everyone go took the time.

I am getting some great ideas. Some of them are what I have been researching, and some are new to me. I'll give a couple a try and let you guys know how they work out. I may start with the SHTF ACE. Again, thanks to all.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ballfroguy View Post
    I wear a belly band because its comfortable, only time it sucks is when I eat BBQ here in Texas its just so good I get full. But I do sweat so I had my wife sew some vinyl material she had from her stash. The entire belly band can get sweaty and not reach my gun. If someone made a belly with a plastic or leather covering behind the gun like my.wife made me, they would be up to something good.
    There is a retired Houston LEO that made something similar to the bellyband but it is an under-arm holster. It straps around the ribs and has a thin strap (think: bra) over one shoulder. It can get warm, but it is easily washable and breathable. I think it's called a Kangaroo Holster. You may be able to find it. It should make eating all that good brisket a little easier. :)

Somewhere Near Lucky Ned Pepper's Hideout

Carry Options & Holster Choices

UBG.

I have the Sig P938, slightly bigger than your P238 and I just started using the SmartCarry. Very comfortable and totally conceals, also easy to draw. I wear it with jeans, khakis, and sweat pants at the gym.

So, I purchased the SHTF ACE holster. First, let me say that it was delivered about a week earlier than I was told, which is awesome. The clips on this thing seem incredibly strong. I wore it around the house a little bit tonight to begin the "break-in" of the leather. The fit and retention is very nice while wearing the holster (as it should be, according to the enclosed paperwork). So far, this holster meets or exceeds my expectations in every department. The only area still in question is the comfort in the heat of a Texas summer. We shall see.

The thing that impresses me most is just how concealed this really makes the P238. With most holsters I've used the small of my back was the only place I could carry without the constant worry of printing. I wore this at the 4 o'clock position with about a 25-30 degree forward cant under a form-fitted shirt. Nothing. No printing at all. The weapon rides high enough that it is easily accessible on a very natural draw for me. All in all, I am very pleased with this holster. I'll try to post a follow-up once the weather warms and the leather is broken in.

Again, thanks to all for the advice and insight!
    SHTFGearLLC likes this.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ballfroguy View Post
    I wear a belly band because its comfortable, only time it sucks is when I eat BBQ here in Texas its just so good I get full. But I do sweat so I had my wife sew some vinyl material she had from her stash. The entire belly band can get sweaty and not reach my gun. If someone made a belly with a plastic or leather covering behind the gun like my.wife made me, they would be up to something good.
    The Smart Carry is very much like you describe. They brag about how perspiration proof it is. Check it out at SmartCarry - Concealed Gun Holsters

NFI

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links