What's the difference?

This is a discussion on What's the difference? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Please don't take offense, but I've been looking at different holsters for IWB carry for a while now. I have been seeing many different posts ...

Thread: What's the difference?

What's the difference?

Please don't take offense, but I've been looking at different holsters for IWB carry for a while now.
    I have been seeing many different posts about this hybrid and that hybrid. From what I can see, all of the Kydex/leather hybrids look almost identical, and many people are making them. I even bought a Crossbreed for my first EDC. But there are so many out there that look virtually identical, so how do you tell them apart? What makes one better than another?
    Seriously
    Certified Infidel

2. Remove Ads

If they're all made of Kydex and Leather, the only real difference (other than price) would be the warranty and service.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Price, warranty, service, quality of leather, quality of belt clips, quality of kydex, options for printed kydex and probably one of the most important factors for me is the ability to easily change the kydex so that I can carry any of the handguns I own or a handgun I might purchase in the future.

For a very reasonable price I have a single holster that can accommodate all my handguns.

In case you are wondering, I chose the MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat

MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

I will add the time it takes to get it. Some are just a few days whie other are a few months or longer

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Holsters are like shoes. I have, as many of us do, many well recommended holsters stored away that didn't work for me but did for others. I have two holsters that I use the majority of the time, a Cross Breed Super (M&P40) and a Galco King Tuk (XD40) Why? Both are fairly cheap, fairly easy to conceal, comfortable, good weapon retention, well made and have adjustable height of ride and cant. There are many others that look a like but lack minor features, as offered by these two, and must be compared to meet your needs prior to purchase. IMO, beauty and price don't necessarily mean a hill of beans, comfort and weapon retention is what counts.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

What's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Price, warranty, service, quality of leather, quality of belt clips, quality of kydex, options for printed kydex and probably one of the most important factors for me is the ability to easily change the kydex so that I can carry any of the handguns I own or a handgun I might purchase in the future.

For a very reasonable price I have a single holster that can accommodate all my handguns.

In case you are wondering, I chose the MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat

MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg
    How's the retention with the MaxTuck?

Links