Kramer IWB question

This is a discussion on Kramer IWB question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have heard that Kramer holsters are very well made and I am in the market for an IWB model. They advertise that they use ...

Thread: Kramer IWB question

Kramer IWB question

I have heard that Kramer holsters are very well made and I am in the market for an IWB model.
    They advertise that they use chicago screws instead of snaps, but do you need to screw/unscrew the loops each time you put the holster on/off?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mike56 View Post
    I have heard that Kramer holsters are very well made and I am in the market for an IWB model.
    They advertise that they use chicago screws instead of snaps, but do you need to screw/unscrew the loops each time you put the holster on/off?
    You will have to slide the belt through the loops when you put it on or take it off. They will also make them with snaps per special request.
    Directly from Kramer website:

Belt loops on the IWB #2 are affixed with screws instead of the traditional "one way snap" method. This arrangement offers several advantages. The holster can be adjusted to fit 1-1/4", 1-1/2" and 1-3/4" belt widths, simply by loosening the screws and moving the belt loops to the appropriate holes. Because the screws protrude out from the holster far less than the bulky, bulbous snaps, the belt loops snug down tight and flat to your belt, minimizing "printing" of the holster through a concealing garment. Finally, snaps often wear out and break with age (anyone who's ever had this happen can attest to the fact that it will probably happen at the very worst possible moment). If the female "cap" of the snap breaks, the holster can be repaired, but if the male stud buried inside the holster body shears off, the holster cannot be repaired.

If you must have snaps, this holster can be custom ordered with snaps for an additional $20.00.

I read the same description on their site, but it doesn't seem too convienent a system?

it seems like they mean for you to put on your holster and leave it on or take off your belt to remove it each time.

I make mine with snaps, but the snaps are attached to the loops, they are then attached to holster body by means of a machine screw and t-nut, so if a snap breaks you just order a new loop.
    Ranger Gunleather

If light rails were needed on handguns John Browning would have included it on the 1911.

Links